Bjork: where to start?
Jan 22, 2006 at 7:10 AM Post #32 of 35
I've been on a bit of a Bjork Bjinge lately and bought Debut, Vespertine and Dancer in the Dark. All are good, but Vespertine is doing it for me big time. I also listened to Gling-Glo on Rhapsody after reading this thread and it is quite different than what I think of as Bjork-like. I really enjoyed that one too. Homogenic and Medulla I have had a harder time getting into when I have heard them previously, but maybe I should give them another try.

Jan 22, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #33 of 35
Debut - can't agree with the poster who thought it was the least approachable. This put Bjork on the map. Fantastic cd.

Vespertine- I would definitely go here next. As fresh and exciting as Debut was in it's day.

Post- Heavier and very good

Homogenic- Least accessible of those listed IMHO, but still a strong CD.

Bjork is the only artist that has 4 cds on my ipod at all times.

Medulla- A bit sparse for me, but I may buy it some day.

I am always looking for new music, do we have a thread devoted to that?

An interesting note, not that she sounds like Bjork, but Universal Hall Pass from Boston is a CD to check out. You can find on CdBaby.

Jan 28, 2006 at 2:26 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB06
DVD? I was not aware of the existence of the DVD. That will be aquired as soon as possible.

Oh there's a bunch of dvds she released. WHat I love about em is that she redo the songs in differents ways. Some of the dvds are a little pricey but totally worth it. I own a bunch and I consider em more like a music cd than you can play without looking at.

I got into bjork when she released debut, which I still love. First song I ever heard was regina from sugacubes... lol!

I must admit, I never got Medulla... I need a few more tries.... Seems hard to enjoy...

Jan 29, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #35 of 35
I am really fond of post. I'd recommend post.

Her passage from debut to medulla is also very interesting. IT is worth noting the changes and development from one album to the next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back