BJC Toslink Cable + DACMagic = Fail
Aug 3, 2010 at 10:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ccbass

100+ Head-Fier
Is anybody else using this combination of Blue Jeans Cable Toslink Cable to a DACMagic?

I'm having issue with the connector being loose in the input.

It's so loose and fits so poorly that if not held in a certain position, it won't see the output signal from my computer coming through the cable.

Any idea?  Both should be working great together considering that neither are low quality components.

Aug 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #2 of 8
Sounds like a problem with the DAC.  I'm using the exact same cable with my Matrix DAC and haven't had any problems with fitment.  Have you contacted Blue Jeans?

Aug 3, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #3 of 8
An update to the issue.  I have discovered that depending on the output sample rate on my Macbook Pro, it has an effect.

If the sample rate that is being outputted is 32/44.1/48 there is no issue, however, if using a higher rate, such as 88.2/96, then the cable must be pressed in fully. 

This is an issue as I have varying sample rates throughout my collection.  As of now, the majority of my music is 16/44.1 CD lossless.  However, I have a few higher quality 24/88.2 and 24/96 songs.

Strange.

Aug 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Does the cable fit better in a different device? Do other cables fit better in the DAC? One of the 2 items seems to be defective, you just have to figure out which one it is.

Right now I only has access to the DACMagic's and my Macbook Pro's optical ports.

I don't feel that either of them are defective.  They both appear to be in perfect condition and defect free.  I'll send a message to BJC and see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back