Bizarre home-etched CMoy problems...
May 26, 2007 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ikrit42

100+ Head-Fier
So, I decided that after a perfboard CMoy and a Millett Hybrid, I was ready to tr y playing around w/ EagleCAD, so I designed/etched my own CMoy.
I filled up the board/plugged it in, and at first it seemed fine...

But then I noticed that there aren't any right-channel vocals, and there isn't much left-channel bass. Everything else sounds fine, though...

It's the wierdest sound problem I've ever encountered, and I have NO IDEA what could have caused it. It doesn't sound like crossed channels, or like a bad chip-
if anything, it sounds like I switched some parts placement, but I don't think I did.

I'll post pics/ board diagrams later, have to find clothes now.

May 27, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 3
So...
I figured it out. I had the output ground and left channel switched... wierd effect on the sound.
*hits face against spiky brick wall*
rolleyes.gif

May 27, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 3
the input jack of my chmoy partially broke of, the gnd channel doesn't really have contact anymore. lead to a very strange hollow sound - the signal must have somehow 'used' the right channel as ground for the left channel and vice versa, which supposedly cancelled out some stuff which was present in both channels
confused.gif

Just to say that you're not alone with freakish sound problems caused by l/r/g messup
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back