BitTorrent goes legit?
Feb 28, 2007 at 6:55 AM Post #16 of 25
More legal movie downloads are great.
But using the Microsoft DRM, which locks it to MS Windows only are BAD! No playback option on any other OS (like; Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, *BSD, etc...).

Feb 28, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #18 of 25
Bittorrent has always been legit. Just as how people burn music onto CDs and sell them illegally doesn't make blank CD media illegal, people using BT for illegal purposes doesn't make it illegal.

Feb 28, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bittorrent has always been legit. Just as how people burn music onto CDs and sell them illegally doesn't make blank CD media illegal, people using BT for illegal purposes doesn't make it illegal.

exactly.

Mar 1, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #22 of 25
bittorent isn't a program, it's a protocol for communication between computers; i don't see how that protocol can go the way of napster, though websites that link illegal files get shut down at times

Mar 1, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well then when is this thread going to be locked?

this thread is about the legal use of bittorent protocol

and yeah, i for one don't see this becoming any more popular than itunes. these fatcats are so bloody stupid to expect people to pay $2 for a ****ing tv show download, and $4 for a bloody rental??? how stupid; i'd go for it if we're talking say 30cents a download or something to that effect, but then again probably not

Mar 2, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pm@c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well then when is this thread going to be locked?

As long as we don't try to link members to bitorent clients or torent sites, etc, I think we should be OK. Also, should not provide any how to get started type info
icon10.gif

Mar 2, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #25 of 25
If the music and shows you have to pay for are really good quality, i would be willing to pay. be nice if they let you DL flac CDs for like 5$ but it probably won't work like that
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back