Bitperfect Analog and Digital linked?
Feb 20, 2008 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Brewmaster

100+ Head-Fier
I recently bought an Auzentech Prelude.

I noticed that I can play DTS wave files in just about every application that plays wave files and get bitperfect output if the volume slider is all the way up. If the volume slider is down a little bit then the output is not bitperfect.

My question is... are the analog and digital paths linked? If I have bitperfect from the digital outputs does that mean the analog output is also not resampled?
Any ideas.

I guess this also means I don't have to worry about ASIO and KS any more.

Feb 20, 2008 at 1:03 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brewmaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently bought an Auzentech Prelude.

I noticed that I can play DTS wave files in just about every application that plays wave files and get bitperfect output if the volume slider is all the way up. If the volume slider is down a little bit then the output is not bitperfect.

That's good. That's how it's supposed to work.

Quote:

My question is... are the analog and digital paths linked? If I have bitperfect from the digital outputs does that mean the analog output is also not resampled?

Inside the computer, there is no analog path. That's why digital and analog are "linked" -- there's just one path. Those volume adjustments are being done in the digital domain. There is no analog potentiometer. The DAC just reads the digital signal and converts it to analog; the computer doesn't even know about this.

Quote:

I guess this also means I don't have to worry about ASIO and KS any more.

Yup. You get points for actually testing this.

Feb 20, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 3
Head-Fi is great.

Always another thing to learn, and another dollar to spend.

Thanks for the answer, that clears things up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back