Bithead vs. Total Bithead
Jan 29, 2005 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

chicken

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone have any experience with both of these amps? I'm thinking about one of them and wondering if the extra $$ is worth it. Thanks in advance for any advice on spending my money.
tongue.gif

Jan 29, 2005 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 9
I was also thinkin about buying one of those but after reading and talking a bit on this forum I saw tha there is many other amps thats better than the bithead's. So I would recommend you to take a look at the supermacro and SR-70... at last I thinks they er better
tongue.gif

Ask some qustions to one of the real amp-geeks!
icon10.gif

Jan 30, 2005 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 9
The BitHead is a good solution if you need a combination USB DAC/amp, however if all you need is an amp there are many better choices in that price range, such as the SuperMacro and SR-71 mentioned above or the PIMETA (a DIY amp).

Jan 30, 2005 at 12:51 AM Post #4 of 9
I was wondering this myself. Assuming you do need a DAC, which is better? Anyone know if the difference is worth $70?

Jan 30, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #6 of 9
hmm, maybe I should use that 30 day idea. Yah, I'm really looking for a USB/DAC solution, so I think that Supermacro is off the table. Too bad b/c it seems like such a great product. Thanks again for any and all input, everyone.

Jan 30, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicken
hmm, maybe I should use that 30 day idea. Yah, I'm really looking for a USB/DAC solution, so I think that Supermacro is off the table. Too bad b/c it seems like such a great product. Thanks again for any and all input, everyone.

If you do the 30 day comparison be sure to let us know what you think! I am really wondering how they stack up.

Jan 30, 2005 at 7:13 AM Post #8 of 9
I can't say that it's worth $70 more as I've never heard the reg version (I have TBH) but I A/Bed my TBH against some very expensive amps today at the Chicago meet and I'm pretty impressed w/ how it fared. I think this is one of those products that doesn't get much love around here but that I think is a great solution for laptop/work computer situations. The DAC is way better than amping the headphone out of my computer. Not even close.
Did you see the new Overture/Coda combo? Limited, more $, 2 chassis but very nice sounding.
CPW

Jan 30, 2005 at 7:27 PM Post #9 of 9
Yah, trust me, the limited edition combo has me drooling. :p Alas, that is just a bit more than I should spend on this venture. Thanks also for the info on how the TBH compared against the other amps at the meet. Those meets are great for really A/Bing different products. Gotta get to one of those someday . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back