Bit Perfect Digital Output?
Feb 23, 2006 at 6:14 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sycraft
An external soundcard, as in like USB? Sure, though not for $20. The M-Audio Transit or Edirol UA-1EX will do what you need. Call it $80 for either one. If you want something cheaper, you can look for Edirols now discontinued UA-1D or UA-1A. They are S/PDIF only (in the case of the D) or analogue only (in the case of the A) USB interfaces. PRobably less than $50 on eBay.

thanks for the info. do you know of a usb or firewire external card that has digital coaxical output?

Feb 23, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dougbrad81
thanks for the info. do you know of a usb or firewire external card that has digital coaxical output?

Sure, if you want cheap, look for a used UA-1D. If you want something a little more capable, get an M-Audio Firewire Solo.

Mar 8, 2006 at 9:29 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sycraft
Yes, it is the cheap PCI solution I was referencing. Use ASIO mode to ensure bit accuracy.

Im a bit of a newbie so be gentle...

Dont want to hi-jack the thread but as we are on the topic. I have the chaintech AV710 and play it through my Denon hi-fi with internal DAC, 24 Bit / 96 kHzb Multi DAC CS42528, with the optical cable.

Is there a difference (preference) between optical and s/pdif, and i am assuming i should really start using kernel streaming? I currently use Winamp but am leaning towards Foobar after doing a bit of reading on this forum.

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:15 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by caramelsoul
Im a bit of a newbie so be gentle...

Dont want to hi-jack the thread but as we are on the topic. I have the chaintech AV710 and play it through my Denon hi-fi with internal DAC, 24 Bit / 96 kHzb Multi DAC CS42528, with the optical cable.

Is there a difference (preference) between optical and s/pdif, and i am assuming i should really start using kernel streaming? I currently use Winamp but am leaning towards Foobar after doing a bit of reading on this forum.

Hmmm... you mean between optical and coaxial ?
I think, you can't hear any difference between these two.

Links to Kernel Streaming plugin(s) for WinAmp can be found here.

jiitee

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #20 of 21
No theres no difference between spdif and optical out.

Is there possible to use ASIO or Kernel via Media Player Classic? I have a few concerts on DVDs...

Do you guys hear any difference between bit perfect digital outs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back