Birkett's Headsave Classic thread
Nov 17, 2004 at 6:17 PM Post #16 of 20
I have the Headsave Classic with AKG K501.
Norm recommended me the OPA2227 socketed op-amp.

Actually, I should say that I cannot get it to play as loud (I mean "really loud") as I sometimes would like.
But I'm really satisfied with the Classic.

Edit: I should clarify the situation: I've been using the Classic mostly for computer listening and I use foobar2000 with Replaygain scanned audio files. Replaygain limits clipping and also decreases the volume. That's probably the reason why I sometimes feel the volume reached is not as loud as I would like. When listening from my CD player, there is no temptation to turn the volume that loud. That's just fine.
Yes I have a happy listening and would recommand the Classic to everyone.

Nov 22, 2004 at 3:38 AM Post #17 of 20
I had been considering a Rega Ear, a used Perreaux, or maybe the new Gilmore Lite to drive my Senn HD600s, but this thread and a couple of others from the archives convinced me to try the new Classic. I'm on Norm's list, waiting for the cases to arrive, which he says should be in about a week. Thanks, pbirkett, for the review, and especially your comparisons with other amps.

Nov 22, 2004 at 10:40 AM Post #18 of 20
pbirkett,

Can you help me out with something about the Mascot PS?
I have the Mascot 2083 here waiting for the Classic
The Mascot comes with two loose plugs which look the same and one of them should be connected to another plug with two little pins saing which is + and -. And you can connect the loose plug in two ways. So you can determine yourself what the polarity of the center of the plug will be.
If you have the same PS, can you tell me how it is connected and/or what the center polarity is?

Nov 22, 2004 at 12:33 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
pbirkett,

Can you help me out with something about the Mascot PS?
I have the Mascot 2083 here waiting for the Classic
The Mascot comes with two loose plugs which look the same and one of them should be connected to another plug with two little pins saing which is + and -. And you can connect the loose plug in two ways. So you can determine yourself what the polarity of the center of the plug will be.
If you have the same PS, can you tell me how it is connected and/or what the center polarity is?

All models of Headsave amps require the plug to be set to centre pin positive +.
This would apply to overseas customers only. For those ordering an Elpac power supply, the plug is not removeable and is already set to centre +.

Nov 22, 2004 at 12:39 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigger
All models of Headsave amps require the plug to be set to centre pin positive +.
This would apply to overseas customers only. For those ordering an Elpac power supply, the plug is not removeable and is already set to centre +.

Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry I made you answer it twice.
wink.gif

BTW, Where's your cute avatar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back