BIOSHOCK Thread
Oct 5, 2007 at 12:05 PM Post #16 of 27
I'm up to in the garden lookalike place (after dock), and damn, those big daddies are so hard to kill!

I have to use at least 3-4 health pack just to kill one.

Taking pictures can be a chore too, and sometimes it's difficult to know which one to take, since they look alike...

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:18 PM Post #19 of 27
I finished the game, but

[size=large]WARNING SPOILERRRRSSZZZZ!!!!!![/size]

[size=xx-small]The endings were such a big letdown for me, too short, simple, and overall, I don't doubt it's a pretty game, but I think it still a bit shallow and needs more cutscenes (like Blizzard games). I think cut scenes really motivate you a lot in finishing the games, and it helps a lot in story building.[/size]

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #20 of 27
Doesn't work on my pc. Gets stuck on the load screen when first entering the city. Seems to happen to a lot of people and there's no fix for it yet.

Oct 20, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #21 of 27
got this game for pc last week. I am up to the wharf part. I hate the aiming system in this game, maybe its just my computer but it is ridiculously hard to aim despite the huge crosshair. The cursor just doesn't seem to go where I want it to and always stops short. The rpg/upgrade aspect of the game is much funner than the shooter part.

If you have an older ATI video card with pixelshader 2.0 this game will not run.

the game uses pixel shader 3.0. However there is a compromised fix for it, you can download a shader file from here that will allow the game to run. There are still visible artifacts and some areas show up pitch black.

Oct 20, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #22 of 27
I thought the endings were actually pretty good. Overall the story was pretty good, I liked it all the times I've played it through so far. I don't think it has the replayability that everyone thought it would. Maybe with some interesting cheats that kept your eve full constantly or at the very least a level select feature it would be better. I've heard some people mention a third ending that's neutral, but I don't know for sure. I need to play through again and find out.

Oct 20, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #23 of 27
Bioshock was an excellent game. Its not must own, but certainly must play. Its short, so you can rent it and finish it if you put enough time into it. I'm really big into sound quality and home theater, and this game was maybe the best for home theater of any game I've played yet. Lots of nice clean, deep bass. I loved how after a certain upgrade, a certain movement I made had a nice familiar sound to it. Great surround effects. Overall the game was a nice change of pace from the typical FPS. I wish more games would branch out and write a real story like this one did. I didn't mind all the libertarian themes either. I harvested the girls the first time through. I think I'll play on easy and save them the second time through. It was very fun.

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #24 of 27
I just got the PC version of Bioshock. Nice graphics and gameplay (still in early stage though).

But man, is it hard or not? I chose "hard" option and I think now I have to restart all over under "normal" cause it's just way too hard. The enemy is so accurate, and you are dead if you hit a few times, bullets are so scarce, all I can do is hack at the enemies who are shooting at me. And did I mention they can shoot so accurately? And you die if you get hit a few times?

Damn... Anyone can actually play and finish hard version? I think I'll be wise and restart while it's still early before I got too far and it becomes too frustratingly difficult..
I have played and bear the game on hard difficulty. The game is tough.

First few times I played with speakers. Now I am playing with headphones and SBX. Should be a fun experience.

Jul 24, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #25 of 27
If you play with Vita chambers you can´t loose :wink:.

It´s not hard you will just need to learn to use what tonic and when. I remember I don´t remember what Bioshock there was a boss where I didn´t figure out what tonic to use. Incredibly hard but once getting the right tonic ridiculously easy instead lol.

Try System Shock 2 for more of a survivor horror feel. 

I will say you can safely jump the DLC for infinite. Do not buy.

Jul 24, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #26 of 27
If you play with Vita chambers you can´t loose :wink:.

It´s not hard you will just need to learn to use what tonic and when. I remember I don´t remember what Bioshock there was a boss where I didn´t figure out what tonic to use. Incredibly hard but once getting the right tonic ridiculously easy instead lol.

Try System Shock 2 for more of a survivor horror feel. 

I will say you can safely jump the DLC for infinite. Do not buy.

System shock 2 is great. I beat that one on hard also. Difficult game!

Aug 27, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #27 of 27
System Shock 2 is still to this day the game that had the biggest impact on me.... Late 90's....  a decent sound card and headphones in a dark room playing late at night.  It was a truly suspenseful and terrifying game...  One of the first, imo, to really convey that via the ever evolving 'multimedia' capabilities of the PC!  There were times I'd actually have to leave the room and calm myself down as I got so engrossed in the gameplay. I'd go to bed freaked!  Great times!  

I do love the BioShock series too...  the first one in particular but I have a super soft spot for SS2....  Y'know I still have the original with full retail packaging in perfect condition - something of a memento for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back