Biological Channel Balance
Dec 18, 2009 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Lavcat

100+ Head-Fier
While using a surround sound channel test file someone posted in the forums (I'm not sure whether it is OK to link so to be safe I won't) I noticed that the center channel was located slightly to the right.

This afternoon I went to the doctor and had a large plug of wax removed from my left ear. The center channel is now much closer to dead center.

Hope someone may find this information helpful.

Dec 21, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While using a surround sound channel test file someone posted in the forums (I'm not sure whether it is OK to link so to be safe I won't) I noticed that the center channel was located slightly to the right.

This afternoon I went to the doctor and had a large plug of wax removed from my left ear. The center channel is now much closer to dead center.

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking, and do you have any history of sinusitis or severe allergies? I am but a lad of 20, and my doctor has not advised me in getting my ears cleaned though he looked in them. I hope it is not just something that occurs in the elderly. I for one am a hypochondriac do not trust doctors, so I want to request that it be done next time I go to the ENT.

Dec 21, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This afternoon I went to the doctor and [size=x-large]had a large plug of wax removed from my left ear[/size]. The center channel is now much closer to dead center.

Thanks for the mental image.
eek.gif

Dec 21, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks OP. I have a slight imbalance as well. Hoping it'll end up the same way as yours.

Dec 22, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoseFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking, and do you have any history of sinusitis or severe allergies? I am but a lad of 20, and my doctor has not advised me in getting my ears cleaned though he looked in them. I hope it is not just something that occurs in the elderly. I for one am a hypochondriac do not trust doctors, so I want to request that it be done next time I go to the ENT.

Sixty one, female, no history of severe allergies -- but a long history of earwax. The school nurse sent home a note from kindergarten.

Dec 22, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD-5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the mental image.
eek.gif

And the right ear had a smaller gob of gooey stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back