Binge watching favorites.
Jan 29, 2022 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Happy Camper

Headphoneus Supremus
This month I went through The Ranch, Ozarks and caught up with 1883. Will start Yellowstone next week. Last month I went through Mayans, Vikings and Shameless.

For us late arrival types, what are some good series to check out.

Jan 29, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 10
Yes! We need a television discussion thread to go along with the massive movie discussion thread.

I haven't seen all the "greats", but for me I'd say "The Wire" (HBO) is probably the greatest piece of television I've seen. Another favorite of mine would be "Fargo" (available on Hulu).

Some other honorable mentions if you like crime dramas and period pieces: "Boardwalk Empire" (HBO) and "Peaky Blinders" (Netflix). Both of these begin in the 1920s and move into the 30s as the shows progress.

Of course, I should also mention "Breaking Bad" (Netflix) and, as I think you already mentioned "Ozark" (Netflix).

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #3 of 10
The brand new Netflix series zombie thriller called All Of Us Are Dead.

Absolutely incredible. Loved it. I’m blown away. It’s getting great reviews everywhere.

The Trailer :

Feb 1, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 10
This month I went through The Ranch, Ozarks and caught up with 1883. Will start Yellowstone next week. Last month I went through Mayans, Vikings and Shameless.

For us late arrival types, what are some good series to check out.
Finally, a sensible man! 1883 and Yellowstone are great choices.

I think Yellowstone has better quality production. Technicalities of the making is off the charts. Very well made.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 10
I’m now watching the Netflix series called My Mister. It’s considered to be the greatest K Drama of all time.

However……I have to admit, so far this is too difficult to follow. The storyline is too difficult to understand.

It’s like trying to understand a difficult college course.

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #6 of 10
I’m now watching the Netflix series called My Mister. It’s considered to be the greatest K Drama of all time.

However……I have to admit, so far this is too difficult to follow. The storyline is too difficult to understand.

It’s like trying to understand a difficult college course.
Yeah, it's rated highly, but never understood why. I saw it, but didn't click with me. I could follow it, and understand the plot, but something else is a miss from me? Maybe there is something to the plot that emotionally effects certain people. No idea.

The plot didn't have a strong flavor to it. It felt really subtle.

Perhaps there is some inherent psychology behind it that I do not understand?

A good fun kdrama I recommend is 'Reply 1988.' Very fun one.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #7 of 10
I haven’t watched it but the K Drama titled -Crash Landing On You- is considered to be the best romantic drama of all time. I’ve read that it’s so good that it even attracts large percentage of male audiences too

I could be wrong and I’m not an expert but I think this series might actually have more views than the most famous American shows like the Sopranos, The Wire, etc….because this series mostly attracts an international audience including massive audiences in China, India, Europe, Philippines and even Russia. I think it also may have a significant audience in Spanish speaking countries too.

I’ve even read somewhere that the final episode alone had a half a billion views in China.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2022 at 8:41 AM Post #9 of 10
I haven’t watched it but the K Drama titled -Crash Landing On You- is considered to be the best romantic drama of all time. I’ve read that it’s so good that it even attracts large percentage of male audiences too

I could be wrong and I’m not an expert but I think this series might actually have more views than the most famous American shows like the Sopranos, The Wire, etc….because this series mostly attracts an international audience including massive audiences in China, India, Europe, Philippines and even Russia. I think it also may have a significant audience in Spanish speaking countries too.

I’ve even read somewhere that the final episode alone had a half a billion views in China.
I tried 'Crash Landing on you' due to hype, and it just wasn't for me. It comes off too cheezy for me. I'm pretty sure there are elements as a male that grew up on the Western culture cannot understand. lol I think mainly women sees something special in them. Maybe I don't have certain emotional sensibility to conceive some of the subtleties.

As a guy, I would easily point out how unrealistic it is, but that's obviously not an issue for those into it. Why am I not into it. Hmmm.

To me it's a mystery like BTS. Why people like it.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #10 of 10
Valhalla was a good time period series, beautiful geography and a tie in to Vikings. Doing Longmire and The Last Kingdom now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back