binaural sound
Oct 4, 2001 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 21
click the title "introduction to 3D audio",over 3 megs zipped mp3 file,the AM3D website has more binaural downloads but some are over 10 megs
eek.gif
---music,books,a game for the blind or visually impaired-really cool stuff

Oct 4, 2001 at 4:32 AM Post #8 of 21
wow! most of the stuff doesn't impress me, but the interrogation one scared the crap outta me! if only the acting was better...

Oct 4, 2001 at 4:43 AM Post #9 of 21
what impressed me the most is the effort to bring this forward in a major way,and about damn time too
biggrin.gif

Other than the Binaural Source and some fringe websites there was not much out there for the average joe to dip into.Binaural will never take off in any major way until common people as opposed to geeks like us are exposed and impressed.I think they are on the right track if they get the word out.BTW-no way I download that 50 meg game,well,not tonight antway
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 4, 2001 at 5:12 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

one telephone call, thought it was really mine, until I realized it didn't sound like my telephone...

Happened to me too and I reacted by looking over my shoulder...
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2001 at 4:28 PM Post #12 of 21
wow - the telephone was certainly VERY convincing...none of the vocals fooled me, tho......hmm.....the interrogation was kinda eery, I must note....and, well, I guess my Senn. 495s don't do front-to-back too well....
rolleyes.gif

Oct 5, 2001 at 12:07 AM Post #13 of 21
Sennheisers are great headphones, but they are horrible with binaural recordings. Horrible. The best binaural recording I've ever heard is on Stereophile's test CD 3 and it is simply amazing even on a portable cd player on MDR-V6s. It only got better when it was played on higher quality equipment.

Oct 5, 2001 at 12:25 AM Post #14 of 21
That's really weird, Jon.....wonder why?

Oct 5, 2001 at 3:16 AM Post #15 of 21
binaural recordings sound wonderful on my hd580's. binaural on my 580's have a sense of realism that i've never heard from a stereo before.

it's strange that you mention that they're better on the v6. there have been somepeople that have said that the v6 is horrible on binaural recordings. though i've never heard a binaural recording on the v6's so i don't have an opinion on it.

i guess it really depends on how well the recording and the headphone matches the listener's ears. and since we all have different ears...

btw, when i said the interrogation scared me i meant the longer clip from the am3d site. the interrogation clip in the intro didn't do much for me either.

has anyone tried the diesel studio yet? i think it'd be perfect for people who want to compose electronic music in binaural, but i don't have the hardware to run it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back