Binaural Recording. [Edit: Wrong Board}
Feb 28, 2005 at 12:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BigRobb

100+ Head-Fier
I found a link to a binaural recording and it is quite awesome. How come more there arent many binaural recordings of songs? I knew that binaural recordings were for headphones only but I never heard one before, until now, and it really makes it feel like the sound is coming from all around you.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~ajdeandr/binaural.mp3

Whoops posted on wrong board. Mods please delete this.

Feb 28, 2005 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 8
yeah i heard that before... really messes with your mind... i just wish games could have proper positional audio for headphones that has the same effect as that recording then you could make a game that REALLY messes with your mind... but it will most likely be a LONG time before that happens

Feb 28, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 8
OH wow... I acually have the CD this comes off of... It's about 20 trakcs of all these 3D sounding things... it's really cool. I wonder if I still have it...

Feb 28, 2005 at 5:27 AM Post #4 of 8
Thank goodness this wasn't deleted or i never would have seen it! This is the most incredible thing I have listened to.

Feb 28, 2005 at 5:32 AM Post #5 of 8
That is the coolest thing i've ever heard. holy sh!t this is fun. Buffalo bill where did you get this?!?!?! i want that CD!
etysmile.gif

Feb 28, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
That is the coolest thing i've ever heard. holy sh!t this is fun. Buffalo bill where did you get this?!?!?! i want that CD!
etysmile.gif

Some guy was selling it at a local comic book shop... I bought it for my dad on Father's Day about 5 years ago... Oh God it was so long ago... let me see if I can find it somewhere...

EDIT: Found it! It's called 'Zuccarelli Holophonics' and I guess the album title is "Aldebaran". Woman on the CD cover is wearing some old-ass headphones... HD 540? Anyways, it doesn't seem to be online anywhere, but there is an address on the back over the CD:

Zuccarelli Holophonics, Inc.
P.O. BOX 64770/294
Los Angeles, California
90064 EE. UU.

I'll rip it now, I guess I can make a few sample to listen to.

Feb 28, 2005 at 5:58 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill
Some guy was selling it at a local comic book shop... I bought it for my dad on Father's Day about 5 years ago... Oh God it was so long ago... let me see if I can find it somewhere...

was it like a personal recording by the guy that was selling it, cause you can buy biaural mic's for around 200$. Its not a big deal if you cant find it but it would be a pretty cool CD to have around.

Feb 28, 2005 at 6:01 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
was it like a personal recording by the guy that was selling it, cause you can buy biaural mic's for around 200$. Its not a big deal if you cant find it but it would be a pretty cool CD to have around.

I really don't know... it was so long ago. Read my edit; I found it. I'll rip it and upload a few more tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back