Bike commuting clothes (winter)
Apr 27, 2006 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

BodiesOfLight

500+ Head-Fier
I could use a good coat for the winter that will be good to bike in, rain resistant, warm, something that could be beat to $hit, etc. Maybe even something to keep my legs dry/warm as well.

Any sites I should be looking at?

Apr 27, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0
Check out Performance Bike. I used to ride a lot, and I still have a pair of their Goretex tights. Really keeps the wind off. Performance has pretty much a full line of riding apparel. Their Goretex gloves are also good.

http://www.performancebike.com/

Cool, they have exactly what I was looking for, though kind of pricy, but I was expecting that.

Apr 27, 2006 at 10:08 AM Post #6 of 10
performance killed supergo.
Booo! To *#&! with performance

I'll never support them.

For a real online bike shop check out bikeparts.com, universalcycles.com, airbomb.com, speedgoat.com
Should have all the parts/clothing/gear you could ever need.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #9 of 10
When I was cycling, the kind of gear I was wearing (freeride / downhill armour) wasn't really condusive to waterproofing. I didn't mind my bod getting wet but one thing that REALLY bothered me was soggy feet. More than anything that really made life miserable.

Sealskinz solved the problem to a great degree. I can highly recommend their socks.

Apr 28, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #10 of 10
I used to commute 30 miles a day to/from school in Chicago in the winter (boy, was I a nut
tongue.gif
). I got really warm--a jacket was too heavy even when it was about 15 degrees F. The important thing is to keep all your skin covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back