Feb 20, 2007 at 10:48 AM Post #32 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronmtorres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x3

And staying too long.
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:58 AM Post #33 of 55
DT880 and DT990

I knew after DT880 that i can't stand sibilance.. But when that super deal on DT990 was around..

Well, can't really call it a mistake if i made money off it huh? :p

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:59 AM Post #34 of 55
Well I almost sold my A700s awhile back, but withdrew it. Think that would've been a mistake since I rather enjoy and don't have money to replace it, or to get a better model
smily_headphones1.gif

Right now I'm having buyers remorse about my Gilmore Lite LE
frown.gif
I always make plans to buy something then save up, but now holding all that cash I just can't help wondering if I should have used it on other things
frown.gif

Feb 20, 2007 at 12:39 PM Post #36 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by terriblepaulz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. Purchasing "The Plug" - I never use these because they are so uncomfortable for me. And I knew they would be uncomfortable.

Ditto

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox360 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My biggest mistake so far in this hobby was buying those Senneheiser HD-477 at retail price rather than online...

RS-1,s europe retail.. I'll punch myself in the face if i jot down how much they were.

Same with the K701's..
plainface.gif

Feb 20, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #37 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, I remember there were so many people recommending that IEM. Guess it wasn't your cup of tea.
frown.gif

I had the Sony E888 before I bought the UM1. Sure the UM1 trounces the E888 when it comes to details, but the Sony just feels and sounds right.
wink.gif

Feb 20, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #38 of 55
being curious and breaking my vows of "only buying hd555 and be done" and get all my stuff i have right now.

Feb 20, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #40 of 55
Seriously, anybody?

TheMarchingMule wrote
"Choosing the super.fi 5 Pro as my first step into the Head-Fi world. "

anybody agree with this?
why is that such a bad choice? as i said, i'm on the verge of doing the same thing....

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:07 PM Post #41 of 55
There is a reason why everybody recommends either the UM2, ERP4/S, or Shure E4,and almost never the super.fi line (sans the 10). If I were you, I'd choose the Shure model.

As for why...search around for my past posts regarding it. And now that I look at the super.fi line...all it boasts about is gimmicks. Removable cable and all...doesn't mean anything in the end; the chances of you having to replace the cable is VERY low.

Feb 20, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #44 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by moesymoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously, anybody?

TheMarchingMule wrote
"Choosing the super.fi 5 Pro as my first step into the Head-Fi world. "

anybody agree with this?
why is that such a bad choice? as i said, i'm on the verge of doing the same thing....

Depends on what you want. For a fun, bassy sound for rock with a decent soundstage for iem's, they could be just what you are looking for. This is getting OT, but do a search and I think you will find things are far from being as clear-cut as implied by a poster above.

Feb 20, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #45 of 55
My biggest mistake has to have been not keeping my cans long enough to truly appreciate them from as little as 2 weeks to 2 months. My personal belief now
280smile.gif
is that when you buy cans look at them as long term (years not months) not just stepping stones to the next set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back