Biggest Capacity FLAC PAP and SQ
Apr 27, 2010 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

skrat

New Head-Fier
After searching it seems that largest capacity PAP i can get that plays FLAC is a s9 at 32gb or a d2 at 16gb+32gb sd card (aside from the imod, don't want to go down that path). Is this correct? These seems very small to put my vast collection of FLAC songs because i like to have most of my songs with me in case i randomly feel like going down memory lane. im open to rockboxing too, it doesn't have to be play FLAC files as a stock PAP, i just want good SQ and a huge storage capacity.

My other question about SQ was that will the SQ i get from a s9 or d2 be equal, better, or worse than the SQ i get from my macbook pro? i was wondering this for bother with and without an amp. i.e. which would be better in SQ:
cowon w/ amp vs macbook w/ amp
cowon w/o amp vs macbook w/o amp

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 9
The biggest capacity FLAC playing dap (that I know of) is the Archos 5 - the largest being 500gbs. The SQ on my non-android model w/FLAC or mp3's is only decent.

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The biggest capacity FLAC playing dap (that I know of) is the Archos 5 - the largest being 500gbs. The SQ on my non-android model w/FLAC or mp3's is only decent.

good to know. do you know how the SQ compares to a itouch 64gb? if i end up deciding to go for only large capacity in the end i was wondering if im better off with the archos5.

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 9
a cowon 32gb V5 can probobly be paired with a 32GB SDHC giving you 64MB, the O2 had stellar sound quality, but horrible interface and music managment,

Apr 27, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #5 of 9
What's the largest Rockbox-compatible iPod?

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a cowon 32gb V5 can probobly be paired with a 32GB SDHC giving you 64MB, the O2 had stellar sound quality, but horrible interface and music managment,

hows the SQ on the V5 compared to the S9 or D2?

Apr 27, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #7 of 9
@Hentai: 5/5.5G is the latest ipod you can use on them. If memory serves me right that's the ipod video and I believe that comes in 60gb or 80gb (can't remember which). You could however get the ipod and replace the hard drive for a much larger one.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 9
I have a RockBox'd iPod 5.5G 80gb, and the SQ is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 28, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #9 of 9
Yeah you don't have to go the iMod road if you don't want to.
Doesn't mean you should cross iPod's off your list completely.
Have a look at a 5.5g iPod which you can get a 240gb HD upgrade and rockbox.
Still a great sounding large capacity player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back