Bigger pads for Audio-Technica ATH-WS99BT
May 14, 2015 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Martynet

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
is there any company making pads for AT headphones. I wanted to buy best bluetooth over ear headphones possible and after reading lots of reviews and articles I decided for ATH-WS99BT. And they sound fantastic. I'm really happy. Battery life is great too. The only problem is that when I wear them longer then 2 hours, the edges of my ears start to hurt a little bit and it's not comfortable anymore. Reason for that is the inner size of the pads which is only 45mm circle and the height of my ears is about 55 mm. I wish I had bigger pads and I'm hoping to find a replacement.
Thanks for any help
Martin

Sep 21, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi Martin,

I was in your exact position and I was considering returning them. I did a little research and discovered a couple members were having success with pads from Beyer and Brainwavz. I decided to purchase the Brainwavz HM5 Earpads from Amazon. I just received them this morning. They are significantly larger, the inner diameter is also larger which should accommodate your ears. I have found the comfort level has increased dramatically and as a bonus I actually prefer the sound signature with the larger pads.

Best of Luck.

Regards,
Shawn

Sep 21, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 6
I should also note that they do look a little odd with the larger pads (if that matters to you).

There is some very useful information in this thread here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/746519/huge-comparison-of-almost-all-the-best-bluetooth-headphones-post-your-own-comparisons-here/1200

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #4 of 6
Hi, thanks for reply,
yeah I'm using the same pads too at the moment... Tried to find a perfect size on the internet and went through about 4-5 different pairs but came back to HM5 in the end, because they are really most comfortable and the sound is great too. I might customise them in the future to make them a little bit smaller and more snug. 

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #5 of 6
You're welcome. I was considering modifying the HM5 pads as well as they are too big and look funny. I was using these for traveling to and from work. At first, I thought I could rock em regardless of how they looked but in the end I guess I was just too self conscious about how silly I looked wearing them with the HM5 pads. So I returned them.

Got the Bose Soundlink Around Ear Wireless ii instead. Yeah, Bose, I know what your thinking. Guest what? .. They are the lightest, most comfortable headphone I've ever worn. As far as connectivity and battery life, I don't think they have any competition. When traveling, who needs the flattest, most linear frequency response when listening to compressed Bluetooth audio anyways? Scary part is though, they actually sound pretty damn good. I love them.

Jan 15, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #6 of 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back