Big Thank You - Peter Bradstock - 8 Braid Type 4 Litz Double Helix Symbiote Cable
Aug 28, 2014 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TBonez

New Head-Fier
Hello All,

This was truly a great experience.  I want to reach out and thank Peter Bradstock of Double Helix Cables for making one of the finest IEM cables I have ever even dreamed about owning.  I have always loved the sound of the Ultimate Ears UE10 Pro's.  They are a great great IEM.  So I decided since I was on my second stock copper cable that perhaps I ought to give a better cable a try.  So  I looked all over and got some recommendations and found Double Helix to be very reputable.  Whats more was, I was amazed at how fast Peter responded to my questions. even on the weekends.  So I went ahead and started to look at configuring what I thought would be the ultimate IEM cable.  Hopefully Peter chimes in on this post because once I completed my selections, I can only imagine what his thoughts were when he saw the order lol....

Here is what he had to say after confirmations and expectations were discussed:

"Your cable will be the first ever eight wire IEM cable with a remote.  I’ve never had any order it, nor has anyone ever built it.  It will take some serious work to do an eight wire, remote control IEM cable with y-splitter, but it can be done.  Above the remote, the cable has four ground wires (and two left wires, and two right wires).  Below the remote, there has to be a wire for the microphone (so typical remote IEM cables have, instead of two grounds (which are basically duplicates), a single ground and a microphone wire, a left wire, and a right wire, below the remote, going to the TRRS plug.  So with your cable there’s three grounds instead of four, and a wire for the mic.  Definitely had to think hard on that one to make it work, and this will go down in history as the most complex, difficult IEM cable in existence, eclipsed only by maybe a Roxanne version of the same cable."
  Sincerely,

Peter Bradstock
Owner, Double Helix Cables

I read about the placebo-effect and you know... after listening to a stock cable for a very long time I really did notice a much cleaner sound and a more robust sound from this cable.  I also needed to drive it like crazy so I got some amps one for a portable (VModa Vamp Verza to power my IEM's and this cable... it sucks up amp power wow....) and I got the HD800's for this amp you see in the picture.

My response after I got the cable unpacked and played some "Lovespirals - Habitual" listen for those guitars and cymbals ... and my response to Peter when he asked what I thought. . . 
>> On Jul 2, 2014, at 6:55 PM, >Tom wrote:
>>
>> I just got home....
>>
>> OH        My         G   O   D

Again, thank you Peter.  You have a truly fantastic product, fantastic customer service and I would recommend your company to anyone looking for high end audio.

All the Best,

-Tom

Aug 28, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #2 of 2
Glad it's brought you joy!  It was fun working with you on it, I do enjoy a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back