Big News: New Price for the Heron 5 Headphone Amplifier!
Mar 18, 2016 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

AiristAudio

Sponsor: Airist Audio
Hey guys, big news! Thanks to the magic of economies of scale, we're thrilled to announce a new price for the Heron 5: $999.

And there's more. For our show special at CanJam SoCal, Heron 5 will be available for $849 on our website until March 29. Just plug in the code CANJAM2016.

Hope to see some of your at our booth this weekend. Thanks for listening!

--The Airist Team

Mar 19, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 30
........PERFECT my wallet is beginning to itch, but, must, resist *breaths heavily* must, save, money, for wedding......

Mar 19, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #3 of 30
Come on Dog, you can always get married, an amp deal like this is a rarity......:wink:

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #7 of 30
why do people keep bringing up O2 combo like its the best dac anyways. i actually thought my friend's modi magni 2 combo sounds better. he has both.
although i don't have the O2 but that sort of steers me away from even considering adding one to my collection.
same reason why i decided not to get the X2 although i probably don't need anymore headphones anyways.

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #8 of 30
Sorry, just ignore them, the O2 is a wet dream for the measurements first folks, but is a very unmusical, marginal DAC at best (the amp is even worse).

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #10 of 30

Come on Dog, you can always get married, an amp deal like this is a rarity......:wink:

better yet: buy an o2odac and have the same if not better sound quality for a fraction of the price minus the shiny case. 

I'm inclined to believe that you haven't actually listened to the Heron 5. I've listened to both the Heron 5 and the O2, and while the O2 sounds wonderful and is still one of my favorite pairings with the HD800, the Heron 5 sounds amazing with a balanced effortless sound, tons of power (drives HE-6 and K1000 with ease), and insane levels of detail. The background is blacker than midnight on the winter solstice in Barrow, Alaska. This black background also means that the amp is very revealing, if you are listening to a vinyl rip, you'll hear vinyl noise you don't notice on anything else. The best pairing I've heard with this was an HD800 (modified by @Takeanidea). It also does beautiful work with the ERIB2A.

Mar 25, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #14 of 30
  ........PERFECT my wallet is beginning to itch, but, must, resist *breaths heavily* must, save, money, for wedding......

Not to jinx a potentially magical marriage, but having recently taken a peek at the recent statistics of 35% of marriages ending in divorce, I really feel going for this amp may end up offering you better solace if things go asunder. However, it all wouldn't matter if she takes it from you in the divorce....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back