big newbie here seeking advice
Sep 2, 2011 at 4:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kasp3r

500+ Head-Fier
I currently have my headphone setup as zero dac/amp to sacd SCD-CE595 to Senn 580's.

Then I decided to buy some speakers on impluse buys.

I bought Atlantic 2400 Left and Right plus a center. 
http://www.atlantictechnology.com/default.asp?NodeId=148 I dont have the SR speaker.

And then I bought a Rythmik FV12 Sub.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/FV12_specs.html

SCD-CE595 http://tinyurl.com/3mrtavp

Can anyone guide me on which cables I need to complete this setup? I want to try to use this SCD-CE595.

Sep 2, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #3 of 9
You're going to want a 5.1 or 7.1 channel receiver and some surround speakers to complement the fronts and center; you've got the 3.1 for sure, just 2 speakers short (or 4 if you want crazy 7.1 woooo).  You want to use the digital out of the SACD to the zero for just the headphone setup, then most likely the 5.1 analog outputs of the SACD with regular RCA analog cables into the 5.1 or 7.1 input (a bunch of rca jacks basically) of an audio video receiver.  The other option is to get a regular integrated amplifier (stereo amp with volume knob on the front) and a regular RCA cable to just do stereo audio with your front speakers, connected to the SACD; as for the sub, you can pass the speaker cables through the sub's speaker passthrough to give it the signal, or something like that.  You can also feed it a stereo RCA signal from the cd player and then set the filters etc etc so that its bass doesn't kick in at too high of a frequency, such that it complements the front speakers.  

Sep 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #4 of 9
Thank you guys so much for the info. I will read and see what I will do. 

Sep 2, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 9
What quality receiver should I purchase?

Sep 2, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #6 of 9
I have a Marantz and I like it fine.  I don't feel like I'm in any position to evaluate home theater gear, because I won't have a really good home theater setup for a long time (room wise), and I'm using to listening to high end balanced headphones, to where no receivers & speakers are going to entertain me much.  My favorite speakers are my car stereo...

Sep 2, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #7 of 9
I have an older yamaha htr-5890, I've seen them go for about $250- on amazon. It's 140wats per channel and seems to be one of the last models with a phono jack. It seems to be good at everything, i.e., powering big speakers, surround sound, tuner, etc. I dare someone to find a better deal at $250-.   

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #8 of 9
Actually just for music stereo 2.0 floor standers or 2.1 bookshelf + sub would suffice but are you looking to build up a HT for example? You mentioned only being able to use that CD player 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 3, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #9 of 9
Well now that I think about it. I wouldn't mind being able to stream and have DLNA for mpa flac and wmv audio file ability. PC connectivity, Ipod connectivity. Some models have 1.4 hdmi for 3D, which ive never seen , but more interested in the higher refresh rates.

I am going to check Bestbuy for a clearance Denon model, or wait for a nicer Yamaha Advantage 1000 series to go on sale from newegg/amazonprime.

Yeah, I do love my Senn 580's but I love that kick of a sub on your chest for movies and gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back