Big headed novice guy needs new headphones - seeks advice
Dec 27, 2011 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sbcadguy

New Head-Fier
Ok, so I had a pair of Koss UR-40 headphones and broke them.  Now I am in the market for a new pair.  I am not a big audiophile but I do like what I am listening to to sound good.  I have a larger head (mainly in the width) as well as medium to larger size ears.  I like my headphones to completely surround my ears.  Anything sitting directly on my ears tends to become uncomfortable after a little while.  I am also looking for something lightweight.  I don't really want to notice them on my head.

The headphones will be used primarily for listening to music on my PC with occasional use on my phone for mp3 playback.  I listen to a range of music from classical to heavy metal, don't listen to any rap or hip-hop.  Occasional video games and movies.  I don't currently use a fancy sound card in the PC, just the on board audio.  I don't need sound deadening either.

Like I said, I had the Koss UR-40 headphones.  I picked them up locally about two years ago and liked them.  However, I have heard of brands like Sennheiser and skull candy and thought I would try to pick up the best I could in my price range. 

I don't have a very good selection of headphones available in my local stores anymore (wal-mart or best buy).  So I am ordering online.  After looking around amazon, I picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD 202 II headphones.  They sound good, but they are to tight and the cans barely fit over my ears.  So I am going to get rid of those and find something else.  I was considering the Sennheiser HD448 but I would like some advice prior to ordering anything again.  Kinda wish there was a place I could try them on..

Anyway, my price range is around 50-80 dollars (US).  I don't want anything flashy style wise.  Prefer straight black or silver/black.  Thanks for taking the time to read and help out.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back