Big head - Small cans?
Jun 13, 2004 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

KAuss

New Head-Fier
Would I have problems fitting a set of Beyerdynamics DT770s if I wear my A900s to almost full stretch?

When I have the A900s on, I can squeeze my index finger just barely between the two bars and the flaps... I know most people look weird with the A900's bars, but I wore them at work and aside from the pretty big cans, these things seem to be built for my gigantic head...

I was just wondering, would the 770s stretch to accomodate my noggin? (from other reviews I already expect a suffer from comfort)

Jun 13, 2004 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by KAuss
Would I have problems fitting a set of Beyerdynamics DT770s if I wear my A900s to almost full stretch?

It has been said that the more current, non-pro versions of these phones, the ones recently introduced for the home market, are more accomodating in that regard. I would recommend going for that option, even though it may be a little bit more expensive, because yes, you'd probably be pushing the limits.

Jun 13, 2004 at 7:40 AM Post #3 of 5
Dusty Chalk has a point. The Pros would be beyond the limits for a comfortable fit if the A900's 3D Wings are at maximum stretch for you, like me.

I've noticed recently that the ranks of Nogginus Titanicus gathers apace. Should I be happy now that I'm not the only one complaining about the fit of things and laughing at other guys wearing A-T's because they look like a pea rattling in a huge pod?

Jun 14, 2004 at 8:07 AM Post #4 of 5
I don't think we can laugh at them yet... They still look good wearing caps / hats...

I just don't look natural with a cap / hat... I loathe the size of my crainum for the longest, but after buying a set of A900s, I feel so much better because I actually look NORMAL in them HAHAHA...

Anywho, thanks for the advice about the non-pros, this was suggested more than once but sadly after I posted this thread...

Sound quality wise is the same as far as the two compare right? Also, is there a visual distinction between the pro / non-pro versions?

Jun 16, 2004 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by KAuss
Sound quality wise is the same as far as the two compare right?

I've heard that they are exactly the same, though I've not heard the non-pro versions myself. Yet. Quote:

Also, is there a visual distinction between the pro / non-pro versions?

Yes, they do look slightly different:

non-pro

pro

hmm...this is new...or is it?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back