BIG EARS!
Feb 16, 2005 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

departures

Head-Fier
first post and my wallet is already! sorry
biggrin.gif

well anyways i've been lurking around reading and reading and reading but haven't found any threads on the size of the actual part that you put on your ears(i guess there would be a technical word but i don't know it). i bought a pair of sony v700 you know, the silver ones about four or five years ago. i was never able to wear them for really long spans of time, no more then 2 hours before my ears needed a break. well it got worst when i got my ear pierced and now i can't wear them at all. my question is, if anyone knows a pair of headphones for portable use that isolate that will fit over my ears instead of on top of them? i know i can get open ones that'll fit over my ears i've tried the hd 650 and i have a pair of hd 600 coming in the mail that i got as my v-day gift
icon10.gif
please advise!

Feb 16, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #3 of 7
Audio-Technica's ATH-Ax00 series might fit your bill as well as beyerdynamic DT660. However be warned that all of these circumaural closed headphones are massive, the cups almost the size of a CD.

Canalphones would also solve your problem, if you can get used to the idea of sticking them inside your ear.
icon10.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #5 of 7
I also have huge ears and I agree that the audio technicas are good for big ears. I have the ATH-a900 and that one fits completely over my ears. I can wear them for about an hour and a half to two hours without feeling any discomfort.

Feb 16, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #7 of 7
i don't really like the idea of putting anything in my ear. but i could try out my girl friend's e3c maybe for a day or so. i don't really have a problem carrying around big headphones, i'll just have to get used to "the looks". anyone have photos, just to get a better idea of the size or is aeriyn's visual about the cups being the size of cds right?

does anyone know if they make some hi-fi cans that are the size of the technics rp-dj1210. that's what i'm currently using and they seem to sound ok but i was looking for something thats cleaner sounding. they fit right inside my ear and butt right up to where my ear is pierced so it doesn't add any pressure there.

thank you for the help so far!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back