Big ear headphones...
Oct 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

donalson

New Head-Fier
I recently  bought some AKG k240's and love the way they sound... and from a short demo time found them very comfortable as they didn't pinch my head like so many others did.

a week or so later I still love the way they sound... but i'm noticing after having them on for an hr or more that they start to hurt my ear lobes... it seems my ears are a little tall for the ear pads :-/

I can return them no questions asked... and after my little bit of time with some good headphones I understand more of what i've been missing...

i'm no bass head, I initally thought I wanted closed back but after a short listen of the open I went with the semi-open of the AKG  and haven't had an issue with them

I'm thinking some oval shape would help instead of the round of the AKGs...

so where should I be looking? after my dabble I'd be willing to go on up to $150... sadly my budget can't go much higher :-/... 

on a side note...
I picked up some sennheiser cs150 IEM for a the cheapo price ($17) for if I need some quiet and for easy travel....

thanks guys
mark

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 2
I am a bit biased, but like you I have big ears. It really becomes a problem because some headphones just won't cooperate, and I completely feel you on that. I currently have the SRH 840 and they are pretty incredible. I bought them when they were around $120, and I don't know how much they are now, but they are probably around $150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back