Big Beat? House? Techno? Rap? Drum & Bass? GRADO 325!
Jul 2, 2001 at 3:17 AM Post #16 of 33
i've only listened to RS-2, but it should sound quite similar to the RS-1's... It was driven from a poor source, so that could explain why it sounded so bad...

Jul 2, 2001 at 3:31 AM Post #17 of 33
Quote:

I think some of the people who listen to that kind of music (this isn't meant to be taken wrong, I listen to some myself periodicalloy) would prefer, say, the MDR-V600's and 700DJ's.

So are the SONY MDR-7000DJ good for dance/techno, or are they just another junk product from sony????

Over at audioreview everyone is saying that these headphones are amazing for techno and dance, but seeing how you guys are more experienced, what is your take.

Jul 2, 2001 at 4:13 AM Post #18 of 33
thomas, I think the RS-2 generally has much more treble then the RS-1s. They have a similar wooden coloring to the sound, but I've owned both the RS-2s and RS-1s before, and the RS-2s were MUCH shriller in the treble. On the other hand, sibilance is pratically at a dead zero with the RS-1s.

Anyways, now that Apheared's posted about the 325s, all I can say is...I told you so.
biggrin.gif
I still maintain that they sound fine out of my MD player, I mean I have used the two things together before and it sounded just fine...you want bass, use the bass boost!

There is another very serious competitor I must say though for this category, and that'd be the Sony CD-3000s...which can also be driven from a MD player. They cost $100 more, but for dance music, it's good to go. It packs much more bass wallop than the SR-325s, and has a crisp treble as well.

Jul 2, 2001 at 4:36 AM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Paradigm
So are the SONY MDR-7000DJ good for dance/techno, or are they just another junk product from sony????

I heard those crappo V700DJs before, and (choke, choke) the midbass and upper-bass is way overboosted, so much that that boom almost completely overpowers the mids and highs!
eek.gif
And for its extremely boomy bass, it has almost no real deep bass extension to speak about (i.e. the bass rolls off very rapidly below 50Hz, despite Sony's claim of bass down to 5Hz)!
redface.gif
Thus, the entire current Sony MDR-V##0 line (including the DJ models) are CRAPOLA!!
frown.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 3:09 PM Post #23 of 33
Paradigm, the V6's will SLAUGHTER the V700's, and the V600's, and the V900's, and, well, the entire line put together. Remember my "cheapo" techno reccomendation? The Koss UR-20's? Those basically have the sound of the V700's, except the cheapo UR-20's sound better. And, of course, the V6's sound better then 'em all. You have heard the UR-20's, correct?

Jul 3, 2001 at 3:11 AM Post #26 of 33
Thomas, even though it's not at the R10's price tag, I'll bet the AKG K1000 has a good chance of wolloping the R10's. Besides, the R10's are most likely way overpriced considering all the exotic materials that don't affect the sound (save for the wood).

Jul 3, 2001 at 4:06 AM Post #28 of 33
eric343

Quote:

What do the R10s look like? Are they the cans that Vertigo has for his avatar?

Yes! he had that cans. See belows URL for detailed info.

King of Headphone

Jul 3, 2001 at 4:32 AM Post #29 of 33
Damn, I get an eyegasm just looking at those beautiful sexy R10's !!!
biggrin.gif

And I bet that for $4000 I can get an eargasm from them too!

[Sidenote: I'm not sick in the head, I just really like these headphones, alright? Surely you fellow Head-Fier's must understand?]

Jul 3, 2001 at 5:18 AM Post #30 of 33
I can't believe Vertigo wasted^H^H^H^H^H^H spent his money on those. Sure, they look cool (REALLY
cool.gif
) but $4k? Why didn't he just spend an extra $1k and get the Stax Omega 2s? They'd probably sound better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back