Bifrost + X-Fi Titanium HD?
Jun 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

epoq

WARNING; SCAMMER. Had packages sent to someone else's address.
Email address: ryanepoq@hotmail.com
Curious on weighing the benefits of upgrading to an external DAC while retaining my installed X-Fi Titanium HD.  I am wondering if the improvement would be worth the investment of purchasing a Bifrost and running it through the S/PDIF port on the Titanium HD, bypassing Creative's DAC.  The Titanium HD has served me well but I'm getting the upgrade bug and I wanted to find out if anyone knew from first hand experience what the upgrade in SQ would be like in this type of scenario.  Any input would be appreciated.

Jun 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
Curious on weighing the benefits of upgrading to an external DAC while retaining my installed X-Fi Titanium HD.  I am wondering if the improvement would be worth the investment of purchasing a Bifrost and running it through the S/PDIF port on the Titanium HD, bypassing Creative's DAC.  The Titanium HD has served me well but I'm getting the upgrade bug and I wanted to find out if anyone knew from first hand experience what the upgrade in SQ would be like in this type of scenario.  Any input would be appreciated.

I would say to get an external headphone amplifier and connect it to the T-HDs (Titanium-HD) RCA analog outputs.
What headphones do you use with the T-HD?

Jun 25, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 3
The TiHD have a nice dac already.
Buying an external headphone amp makes sense, depending on the headphone you have of course. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back