Biflange Tips for NE-7M
Feb 24, 2010 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

dfrost

100+ Head-Fier
I've been really been enjoying my NE-7Ms for 5 months, first with Compy T400 (better SQ reversed), now with Shure E2c tips. I prefer the easier one-handed insertion and more balanced sound signature with the E2c, but find that getting a good seal with them is more 'uncertain', often requiring me to wiggle them around, push/pull/twist (no problem with T400). I've never tried bi-flange tips, but they seem like they'd help.

I presume that something like the oft-mentioned Sony Hybrid tips (Do they fit the NE-7M nozzles?) would be very similar to the Shure E2c's in terms of the seal uncertainty. Is that true?

I've read about Soundmagic biflanges, but don't see them listed as a stand-alone buy item anywhere on Head-Direct.com. MEElectronics sells tip sets for each of their models. There are certainly other brands, too.

Which brand and model of bi-flanges would fit the NE-7M? (I use size L E2c.) And more importantly, which would maintain or even improve the SQ of the NE-7M?

Feb 24, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 3
All UE-size tips will fit the NE-7M. This includes the Meelec biflanges (sold with the M11 tip set), the lelong ebay biflanges, the Head-Direct biflanges, etc. Can't say how they will affect the sound of the NE-7M since I never bothered.

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 3
I have tried the lelong bi flanges and I found them to tame the bass and improve isolation compared to the sony hybrids which is pretty much the opposite experience that I had with those tips and the triple.fi 10s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back