Bidirectional Bluetooth transmitter/receiver for flights and also other uses
Jul 31, 2019 at 9:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

SilverEars

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello, I'm looking for a bluetooth device that does both transmitting and receiving modes. I want at minimum a usb interface, but addition of optical would be much better. Also the functionality of being able to transmit from 3.5mm or airplane two plug outputs (this can be done simply with an adapter) for wireless headphones in flights, along with usb/optical dac, portable receiver from phones. With as many codecs as possible which would include LDAC, this would be the ultimate bluetooth device. Must be battery run with long battery life.

Anybody know of one?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #2 of 11
Hello, I'm looking for a bluetooth device that does both transmitting and receiving modes. I want at minimum a usb interface, but addition of optical would be much better. Also the functionality of being able to transmit from 3.5mm or airplane two plug outputs (this can be done simply with an adapter) for wireless headphones in flights, along with usb/optical dac, portable receiver from phones. With as many codecs as possible which would include LDAC, this would be the ultimate bluetooth device. Must be battery run with long battery life.

Anybody know of one?
Did you find one?

Jul 6, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #4 of 11
I was looking for something more portable but thank anyway

Jul 6, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #6 of 11
Thanks, Ive got 2 x DAP's already, I don't need another one just to transmit audio from a non BT device to my BT earbuds which is what I'm looking for.

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #7 of 11
Did you find one?
Well, I've used a Shanling M0 and also have BTA30pro for home usage. M0 doesn't have optical obviously. BTA30pro is not battery powered, and need a power source.

I think a portable battery powered that can be used at home and portably with all the ports would be nice. Something that can interface to a smartphone, but also interface to a home computer via usb. Also, interface to a home TV via optical. That would check off all the boxes for all the usage case scenarios.

Personally, I like the BTA30pro for it's signal quality.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 11
I've got a Shanling M0, would I be able to plug it into a 3.5mm jack on a plane and then connect the M0 to my Bluetooth Ear buds?

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #9 of 11
Sorry it's an M1 i have

Jul 6, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #10 of 11
I've got a Shanling M0, would I be able to plug it into a 3.5mm jack on a plane and then connect the M0 to my Bluetooth Ear buds?
Nope. That's not what it does.

What you want is analog to digital. Neither of the products I mentioned has that function.

What you want is this. https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Bluetooth-Cancelling-Headphones-Hands-Free/dp/B08KY684PB/ref=ice_ac_b_dpb?crid=31ZWKO33NE30F&keywords=airplane+bluetooth+adapter&qid=1657145228&s=electronics&sprefix=airplane+bluetooth+adapter,electronics,126&sr=1-7

Just look up airplane bluetooth adapter on Amazon and pick one that you fancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back