Bicycle-Fi!
Oct 15, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #2,836 of 4,419
You made me feel so glad, the routes I usually take are all caterpillar free 
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #2,837 of 4,419
Here in Indonesia we have no harmful spiders only poison caterpillars. Lol.

Oh...... And the most poisonous snakes in the world. The deadly Green Snake. No one has ever survived a bite. Certain death in 15 to 30 minutes and no antidote known. The venom is an anticoagulant,:rolleyes: so you bleed inside.:mad:

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #2,838 of 4,419
When it is raining, several species of amphibians undergo mass migrations on rainy nights, and thousands of frogs or salamanders can be observed moving across a single road.

I ride motorcycles too and a multi thousand frog crossing in Northern Ontario is a sight to behold.

Frogs are way better than getting clipped with a wasp between the knuckles while riding, consequently getting stung.

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #2,839 of 4,419
Here in Indonesia we have no harmful spiders only poison caterpillars. Lol.

Oh...... And the most poisonous snakes in the world. The deadly Green Snake. No one has ever survived a bite. Certain death in 15 to 30 minutes and no antidote known. The venom is an anticoagulant,
rolleyes.gif
so you bleed inside.
mad.gif

The green mamba? I thought they only reside in Africa?

Anyways.. i just noticed a bump on my front tire rim and it's making my tire bulge a little bit. At first i thought my rim was out of balance, but it's pretty much straight. So i took off the tire and tube and sure enough, there's a small bump in the rim. I'm not sure what caused it, i never hit any potholes with it, but then again i use to use it as a mountain bike... well, uh, it is a mountain bike.., just with road tires now.. that's probably what caused it... i never noticed it before though 
blink.gif
. I wonder if i could try and fix it... or maybe i should just get a new rim? Maybe i should just get a road bike and see what all the fuss is about 
tongue.gif

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #2,840 of 4,419

Anyways.. i just noticed a bump on my front tire rim and it's making my tire bulge a little bit. At first i thought my rim was out of balance, but it's pretty much straight. So i took off the tire and tube and sure enough, there's a small bump in the rim. I'm not sure what caused it, i never hit any potholes with it, but then again i use to use it as a mountain bike... well, uh, it is a mountain bike.., just with road tires now.. that's probably what caused it... i never noticed it before though 
blink.gif
. I wonder if i could try and fix it... or maybe i should just get a new rim? Maybe i should just get a road bike and see what all the fuss is about 
tongue.gif

Green pit viper most likely.

Get a block of wood and a ball peen hammer and gently try and tap the bump out of the rim.

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #2,841 of 4,419

blink.gif
tongue.gif

Green pit viper most likely.

Get a block of wood and a ball peen hammer and gently try and tap the bump out of the rim.

Well, we actually have several really bad snakes. The close calls have been opening a front door to a friends house and we met this.......

Indonesian Cobra

They can spit venom too.

The Green Mamba is the legendary killer though.

I actually have large snakes crossing the road in front of me at times.

Last year I had an 8 foot Python in my underground pool house. The pool man thought it was a monitor lizard. When he rubbed his hand on it and it was cold, he came to the realization of what it was and took off running. This snake had climbed in at a small young age and grew. I had been near it many times when turning on my pool.
eek.gif

So if you wonder why I don't do a ton of jungle rides, that's why. I see enough snakes on the road to try and go where they really are.

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #2,843 of 4,419
  I feel so sorry for you guys... Here there are no animals crossing the road nor trying to kill us 
biggrin.gif

Really, everyone is mostly worried about the green snakes. They are bright so you can see em from far away.
confused_face.gif

Oct 16, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #2,849 of 4,419

How does one get comfortable on something like that?!? It looks like it would hurt my man parts, lmao... is there some kind of trick to it? 

comfortable saddle are often designed for women, track bike can't be more manly :D and for the info it's super confortable to me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back