Bicycle-Fi!
Oct 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #2,776 of 4,427

What kind of mileage are you doing these days?

I did nothing last month, because of 42.

Now I'd like to do something like 40 kilometers everyday and perhaps a bit more on sundays.

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #2,781 of 4,427
ph34r.gif

Do I wanna look?

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #2,784 of 4,427

That makes a little sense, but lycra is still not comparable to any of the examples you provided. A good example would be yoga pants. Are those banned? I doubt it! If they don't want cleats clacking around damaging the floors or if they happen to get really heavy cyclist traffic, that is one thing, but the lycra defense doesn't make any sense to me other than it being unfashionable and below "standards" of vocal regulars. Whether that be good or bad, I'm sure they run a decent place.

Yoga pants come under the class of tights, leggings and jeggings around here. If it's skin tight, stretchy probably sweaty, then it counts as one of the things they have listed on their door.
I actually had to look up what yoga pants were.. we would call those leggings here I think.

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #2,788 of 4,427
I personally don't care what people think, bib shorts for me and no baggies to cover up.
Of course where I live is very bicycle friendly, and I've got some sensibility, wouldn't go into
an eating establishment in lycra but coffee shop ( charbucks etc.) no problem.

and shorts with chamois liner (real or synthetic) is the way to go for any ride
over say 25 miles.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #2,789 of 4,427
  I personally don't care what people think, bib shorts for me and no baggies to cover up.
Of course where I live is very bicycle friendly, and I've got some sensibility, wouldn't go into
an eating establishment in lycra but coffee shop ( charbucks etc.) no problem.

and shorts with chamois liner (real or synthetic) is the way to go for any ride
over say 25 miles.

X2 for me.  I'll go into buck's as well during a ride.  Full ASSOS for me.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #2,790 of 4,427
  X2 for me.  I'll go into buck's as well during a ride.  Full ASSOS for me.

+3

My buddies and I biked over to Gruene, Texas (touristy town) on Sunday morning last weekend and we walked around all over that place. There were motorcyclists, families, and joggers everywhere and everyone was in their particular attires. /shrug

Maybe next weekend we go out I'll get a snap of us all in our gear
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back