Bicycle-Fi!
Apr 25, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #2,402 of 4,419
Quote:
Whoa.............nice and nice!!  Love the Campy and that carbon stem!!

beerchug.gif

Yes that stem is PHATT...

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #2,403 of 4,419
Are mtn bikes welcome here? If so, here's my North Shore shredding machine! If not, I don't care. I'm going to post it anyways.

Been through a lot with this badboy! Definitely not "modern", but still quite the shredder!
Went from an XC bike to a semi-AM and light DH bike

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #2,404 of 4,419
Quote:
Are mtn bikes welcome here? If so, here's my North Shore shredding machine! If not, I don't care. I'm going to post it anyways.

Been through a lot with this badboy! Definitely not "modern", but still quite the shredder!
Went from an XC bike to a semi-AM and light DH bike

Allowed here! Enjoy the ride!

Apr 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #2,405 of 4,419
Good show CC. A few thoughts.

Many *experienced* tall riders usually end up with unreal amounts of handlebar drop due to long arms. Wide pedals such as the ones in the top pic, increase the chances for a crash caused by pedal-ground contact during a turn, so they *really* need to be managed. I don't know your situation, but normally unless there is a need for pedals optimized for both clipless shoes and street shoes, most just go for double sided MTB pedals

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #2,406 of 4,419
Good show CC. A few thoughts.

Many *experienced* tall riders usually end up with unreal amounts of handlebar drop due to long arms. Wide pedals such as the ones in the top pic, increase the chances for a crash caused by pedal-ground contact during a turn, so they *really* need to be managed. I don't know your situation, but normally unless there is a need for pedals optimized for both clipless shoes and street shoes, most just go for double sided MTB pedals

I've noticed that too, I don't think that I'm ready for that kind of postion yet.

I'm probably going to buy clipless only pedals anyway, I won't use that bike for anything else than very light commuting and touring/sportive rides.

Now I'm still looking after some shoes... The DZR are nice but, once imported to my country, they are pretty expensive...

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #2,407 of 4,419
Quote:
I've noticed that too, I don't think that I'm ready for that kind of postion yet.

I'm probably going to buy clipless only pedals anyway, I won't use that bike for anything else than very light commuting and touring/sportive rides.

Now I'm still looking after some shoes... The DZR are nice but, once imported to my country, they are pretty expensive...

I have shimano spd-sl cleats and pedals on my road bike, which I initially only rode for exercise and fun, so I always rode home, my feet wouldn't touch the ground until I returned home.
Since then I've used it for riding to work, uni, to train stations. I dread doing that now, big road cleats are terrible to walk in, they're slippy, get damaged from it, give a terrible walking position, and are bloody  lethal on stairs. They're amazing when I'm riding, but I hate them for commuting, If I had known how much walking I'd be doing I would have gone for spds, or eggbeaters.

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #2,408 of 4,419
Quote:
Quote:

I have shimano spd-sl cleats and pedals on my road bike, which I initially only rode for exercise and fun, so I always rode home, my feet wouldn't touch the ground until I returned home.
Since then I've used it for riding to work, uni, to train stations. I dread doing that now, big road cleats are terrible to walk in, they're slippy, get damaged from it, give a terrible walking position, and are bloody  lethal on stairs. They're amazing when I'm riding, but I hate them for commuting, If I had known how much walking I'd be doing I would have gone for spds, or eggbeaters.

You didn't get ones that have a sole under them? Why not invest in these?
https://www.dzrshoes.com/shoes
They are regular sneakers with clipless attachment things on the bottom of them.

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #2,409 of 4,419
Those shoes do not work with road pedals.

Had a nice ride up to Mt. Vernon this morning.

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #2,410 of 4,419
Quote:
They are regular sneakers with clipless attachment things on the bottom of them.

Indeed.

And if you want something a little classier (for work...) go check the Vittoria's. They're nice...

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #2,411 of 4,419
Quote:

Yes they won't work with look pedals...

Mmmh great bike !

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #2,412 of 4,419
Quote:

Nice, how was it?
Anyways, I am most likely getting Speedplay Zeros soon
size]

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #2,414 of 4,419
Quote:

As has been said many times after this post, those don't take road cleats. and also mentioned earlier in this thread was that they are going to be poor cycling shoes as their soles are not rigid enough. my road shoes and all others I've seen have a rigid, hard plastic sole. no flex=minimal powerloss, and less chance of injuring your foot while pedalling.
I bought what I did with riding in mind. Not commuting, now that commuting has come into play, I think I may have gone a different route, but The road shoes are great for what they're meant for. and I'm not going to drop coin on new pedals, cleats and shoes.

Apr 28, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #2,415 of 4,419
Quote:
As has been said many times after this post, those don't take road cleats. and also mentioned earlier in this thread was that they are going to be poor cycling shoes as their soles are not rigid enough. my road shoes and all others I've seen have a rigid, hard plastic sole. no flex=minimal powerloss, and less chance of injuring your foot while pedalling.
I bought what I did with riding in mind. Not commuting, now that commuting has come into play, I think I may have gone a different route, but The road shoes are great for what they're meant for. and I'm not going to drop coin on new pedals, cleats and shoes.

Or you have real road shoes you can *walk* with :

http://www.bont.com/cycling/products/Commuter/commuter-two/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back