Bicycle-Fi!
Feb 7, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #2,266 of 4,419
I was a bit worries of all the horror stories I heard about SPD pedals before I got my Shimano 540's. Lucky for me, I have a 25' long patio I practiced on for a day. Ever since, I've only came close to falling once. Knock on wood. I think they're pretty easy to get use to and will never go back to platforms.

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #2,267 of 4,419
Quote:
I was a bit worries of all the horror stories I heard about SPD pedals before I got my Shimano 540's. Lucky for me, I have a 25' long patio I practiced on for a day. Ever since, I've only came close to falling once. Knock on wood. I think they're pretty easy to get use to and will never go back to platforms.

I just got spd's recently, had my 0 mile an hour crash at an empty junction, been fine ever since. they're easy, just have to unclip before you get too close to stopping, ortherwise I find the unclipping motion unbalances me

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #2,269 of 4,419
Finished putting together the new travel bike today so took a shot of the current road bikes and a teaser shot of my next project.

Feb 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #2,271 of 4,419
size]

http://www.bikehacks.com/bikehacks/2013/02/boston-snow-measurement-bike-style.html

Feb 20, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #2,273 of 4,419

So I have been riding this for 45 days everyday, anywhere from 1-4 hrs at a time. Hard to believe this bike was priced less brand-new than my Time Titanium Peddles! 

Feb 20, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #2,274 of 4,419
Quote:
Quote:

I just got spd's recently, had my 0 mile an hour crash at an empty junction, been fine ever since. they're easy, just have to unclip before you get too close to stopping, ortherwise I find the unclipping motion unbalances me

I turn the tension down all the way on pretty much all of the pedals I've used. Ymmv, some riders pull their legs out with low tension.

Feb 21, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #2,275 of 4,419
Quote:

I turn the tension down all the way on pretty much all of the pedals I've used. Ymmv, some riders pull their legs out with low tension.

Idk, When I had them set up with the bike, the guy couldn't even clip the shoe to the pedal using his arms to show me how they worked, but they have loosened up a bit, he too the tension down a lot on them and still thye're pretty tight to clip in, haven't had any problems with pulling out or unclipping since the first day though, I'm pretty used to it and it feels natural now

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #2,278 of 4,419
So, I can't face leaving my Sectuer out at uni, I want a beater for leaving chained up at uni,
Anything to look for/avoid?

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #2,280 of 4,419
Quote:
So, I can't face leaving my Sectuer out at uni, I want a beater for leaving chained up at uni,
Anything to look for/avoid?

Look for something you'd usually avoid. Avoid what you'd usually look for.

In other words, if the bike looks like a piece of trash that makes your eyes bleed, then it's a good buy. If the first sight of the bike brings a smile to your face with a thought along the way of "wow this looks nice..." then avoid it: everybody else who pass it by will think the same. Not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back