Bicycle-Fi!
Dec 18, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #1,696 of 4,419
Took my breath away.  We have snow on the ground here and it's in the 20's!

Quote:
http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/7793/dsc00258m.jpg

Dec 25, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #1,697 of 4,419

"Happy Holidays" fellow cyclists! Egg Nog season is wreckin' havoc on my motivation. May will myself to a casual 10-12 miler later today. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #1,703 of 4,419
So the pedal fell off my bike, guess that's why they tell you not to buy a Huffy. I'm trying to twist it back into place with some glue thrown in.

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #1,704 of 4,419
What is this turning your Huffy into a motorcycle about, Astro? Sounds interesting.

Jan 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #1,705 of 4,419
When i go to a few different bike shops to look into hybrid bikes and lay down $500-700 dollars what parts should i be looking at. If you understand where im coming from, the only difference to me really is say the color. I want better brakes,etc; from my Haro F2 which ill be selling and i know there are carbon fiber parts which id like to get, but id like to be knowledgeable when i go through there.

Jan 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #1,706 of 4,419

Quote:
Hey cyclists,

Has anyone ever used a indoor trainer (the kind where you put your bike into some kinda rack contraption)? Does it work well?

Thanks!

I still have and use my RacerMate from some moons back. Never used it with any regularity but in a pinch. Weather in LA never held me back. But, I've often had a tight schedule and couldn't risk something happening on a ride and missing an appointment. These days, it has helped me during rehab. If you decide to become a frequent user of a wind trainer with your own bike, you'd be wise to protect the integrity of your tire/rim and get another rear combo to use specifically on the trainer.

And my view? If one is not careful, they could end up dilly dallying during a workout. Much easier to fool ones self that they are putting in work. 
biggrin.gif
 While I enjoy the outdoor ride, the trainer is great in a complimentary role. And then there's the music...
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back