Bicycle-Fi!
Dec 2, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #1,666 of 4,419
Bianchi lovers here? 

Gonna repair mine again next summer. Love its vintage look and smoothness.

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #1,667 of 4,419
Quote:
Bianchi lovers here? 

I was looking into them as far as a mountain bike, but my local retails special order them, so i decided to look elsewhere in the meanwhile.

Dec 3, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #1,668 of 4,419

Quote:
^ I know, yours truly wimped out yesterday due to rain. 

Two months post surgery, here's my first couple of weeks.

Wk 1: 11.2 mi (in 5 rides  
blink.gif

Wk 2: 67.5 mi (7 rides)

This week should be a 90 miler, and I'd like to see 150 next. 

Great! This past September, I started equally as slow after a one year layoff due to injuries. I am proud to hear of your efforts.
beerchug.gif

Sadly, after ramping up and getting out twice a week and extending my range for two months, I stopped riding by Halloween. And to make things worse, Egg nog season kicks off that weekend! 
rolleyes.gif
 I am now determined to ride this weekend...

Dec 3, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #1,669 of 4,419

Quote:
I was looking into them as far as a mountain bike, but my local retails special order them, so i decided to look elsewhere in the meanwhile.

A purchase by year-end, perhaps? Or Winter/Spring 2012? And you know how much this thread loves pix...

Dec 3, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #1,670 of 4,419

Quote:
Bianchi lovers here? 

In 94/95 their totl road bike came lugged or tigged, in any color as long as it was celeste. So my choice was one of those or a Ricthey Road Logic. The local Bianchi shop (now defunct) turned out to be crap, so my one chance didn't make it.

The celeste they use today, seems to look darker and bluer.

Dec 3, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #1,671 of 4,419
Quote:
A purchase by year-end, perhaps? Or Winter/Spring 2012? And you know how much this thread loves pix...

I was looking at this;

But now i am thinking of something across the lines of a cyclocross bike since its a road bike and a mountain bike. But i want cruising/flat handlebars instead, and i may go to my local bike shop cause he customizes bikes by ordering specialty parts and makes his own bikes. Im not sure what i should do, since i cant go carbon fiber (reliability reasons) so aluminum is my best bet, any suggestions?

Dec 4, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #1,673 of 4,419
Quote:
Alu is good and cost effective. Make sure the riding position is what you want, because cyclo-x bikes are a lot different than the blue bike you're looking at.

Im not looking at the blue Bianchi any more. What do you mean my Alu?

Dec 4, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #1,676 of 4,419

This is what I'd really like Santa to bring me.

I work at a Specialized shop and had the privilege of riding one and it's about the most refined bike I have ever ridden. This is coming from a S-ized S-Works Tarmac SL3 which I thought was the pinnacle of awesomeness, but this thing blew me away. Where it really excels is in the corners, it was like the bike was reading my mind, the handling is confidence inspiring!

...Plus it looks like about as close to a Mad Max bike as I've seen yet

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #1,678 of 4,419
Waiting on a Lynskey Helix to come in... I'm still not sold on carbon fiber, though almost every bike has at least a fork, stem, or seatpost. It just seems too vulnerable to cracks from everyday handling. No argument that S-works (Venge?) is gorgeous, though. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #1,679 of 4,419
^ Lucy. I really want their 340.

I had my carbon Specialized frame warranty replaced, when a kid came in the garage and started spinning the bike on the workstand like a top. It fell over, and the chainstay cracked longitudinally top and bottom for half its length. You could squeeze it like a rubber ducky.

They did a "courtesy" replacement free. ymWv 

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #1,680 of 4,419
^ Lucy. I really want their 340.

I had my carbon Specialized frame warranty replaced, when a kid came in the garage and started spinning the bike on the workstand like a top. It fell over, and the chainstay cracked longitudinally top and bottom for half its length. You could squeeze it like a rubber ducky.

They did a "courtesy" replacement free. ymWv 

So, I assume you squeezed that kid's neck like a rubber ducky too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back