Bicycle-Fi!
Oct 31, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #1,621 of 4,419

Quote:
I'd love to return to running sometime in 2012, but very short distances to cross-train only. Since giving up running and now with mainly biking, cycling has been kinder, gentler on my legs, knees, back and feet. I hope to tilt my workouts 80/20 in favor of cycling. If running becomes too difficult on the feet, I'll simply make brisk walking a part of my week with runs now and then uphill.

When I get back into it it'd be in moderation, for sure.  This summer I was doing rides to the local HS/MS (or a not-so-local one for a longer... uh, warmup?) for short 2-3mi runs around the track MWF, really helped me get in better shape.  Should not have tried that 5K and really should not have tried running a few days later on new shoes I haven't tested for fit.  Really want to have some running down so I can get back to ultimate frisbee, which I loved doing back when my body was in better shape (unfortunately it's also the thing that caused this injury to occur late last year).

Nov 2, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #1,622 of 4,419

Quote:

When I get back into it it'd be in moderation, for sure.  This summer I was doing rides to the local HS/MS (or a not-so-local one for a longer... uh, warmup?) for short 2-3mi runs around the track MWF, really helped me get in better shape.  Should not have tried that 5K and really should not have tried running a few days later on new shoes I haven't tested for fit.  Really want to have some running down so I can get back to ultimate frisbee, which I loved doing back when my body was in better shape (unfortunately it's also the thing that caused this injury to occur late last year).

Really admire the spirit you have, wanting to get and stay active!
beerchug.gif

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #1,623 of 4,419

I'd like to hear from others about their experiences with riding on Latex. Last month, I bought my very first pair and on initial inflation, "Kaboom" went the rear tire before I could leave the garage. The front has about 75 miles on it. Still evaluating. What are some of your thoughts?

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #1,625 of 4,419
1996 Litespeed Ultimate de-badged.  Campy Record.  Campy Eurus no-tubes wheels, 3T bars, Palladium post, stem, Chris King headset Sotto Voce, Easton straight fork, Fizik Antares Versus saddle, Elite bottle cages.  Light and FAST!

Nov 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #1,626 of 4,419
Nice Lightspeed, I love mine (2004 Firenze w ultegra sl/ dura ace)

Drew

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #1,629 of 4,419

Quote:
1996 Litespeed Ultimate de-badged.  Campy Record.  Campy Eurus no-tubes wheels, 3T bars, Palladium post, stem, Chris King headset Sotto Voce, Easton straight fork, Fizik Antares Versus saddle, Elite bottle cages.  Light and FAST!

Nice profile, Icenine2! What's your experience been like riding on Hutchinson Tubeless? Heard lots about them but don't know anything about them, or rather, feedback.

Nov 10, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #1,630 of 4,419
Incredible.  I'm never going back to clinchers.  The ride is so much better.  When I got them I had gone about two blocks and I was laughing out loud they were so good!

Nov 10, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #1,631 of 4,419
A couple of my riding buds have the older Ultimates with brushed finishs, which I think is the best aesthetic finish for ti. Have never riden the Ultimate, but have always been leary of the geometry, specifically its *short* rear triangle. But then again I've always been partial to Colnagos.

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #1,632 of 4,419
That's what I have.  The older Ultimate w/brushed finish.  Colnago.  Love em!!!  I'd truly like to get a new carbon fiber frame(Specialized, Colnago, Wilier......) but in the past year I've bought a whole new headphone rig: Liquid Fire by way of WooWA22, LCD2r2's by way of T-1's, and a Wyred4Sound DAC2.  No bike $$!!!

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #1,633 of 4,419

Quote:
Incredible.  I'm never going back to clinchers.  The ride is so much better.  When I got them I had gone about two blocks and I was laughing out loud they were so good!

eek.gif
 That's serious! Will look up pricing over my afternoon tea. By the way, did you have to do anything special to convert your rims? Can one's own rims be just as good as the ones made for Hutchinson Tubeless? Thanks.

Nov 10, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #1,634 of 4,419

Quote:

Don't those tires use goop? Right now I'm of the mind if I have to play with goop, I may as well go back to sew ups, and thats not very likely. Plus I bought the older style Neutrons, so I basically cut my line ahead of time, lol.

Nov 10, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #1,635 of 4,419
No Goop.  If you want you can inflate w/the no leak foam for insurance but that's it.  Love Assos?  My favorite now and I'm never going back!  I'd really like a pair of the new Fizik shoes but I have yet to try them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back