Bicycle-Fi!
Oct 19, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #1,576 of 4,419
Quote:

Without drilling, I'm hard-pressed for alternatives. I'll be on the sidelines listening for tips with keen interest. Hope you get it worked out.
popcorn.gif

Interesting, I think I've seen this a few times on some mountain bikes. Are you saying drill a hole in the front and back and run the cable inside, through the frame?

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #1,577 of 4,419
Quote:
Cool video i was forwarded... onto you now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=QliBL-AQiAY&annotation_id=annotation_456369&v=Xr5FGOKY3RM&feature=iv

Jesus Christ!
ph34r.gif

I feel like a girly man.. lol

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #1,579 of 4,419

Quote:
Interesting, I think I've seen this a few times on some mountain bikes. Are you saying drill a hole in the front and back and run the cable inside, through the frame?

Yes. I've seen this done a lot for both aero and aesthetic purposes over the years - frames and handle bars. Hopefully, the person (shop) doing the drilling has an understanding of the frame's (and/or bar's) integrity. 

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #1,581 of 4,419
Quote:
blink.gif
  I almost made the fatal mistake of losing focus... while watching the video.

It's alright, i actually did fall off
L3000.gif
While listening to headphone of course.

Oct 19, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #1,582 of 4,419

Quote:
It's alright, i actually did fall off
L3000.gif
While listening to headphone of course.

That was exciting to watch. I'd need to make a whole lot of runs before hittin' that! After missing a year of cycling, I'm just focused on riding that White Line on the edge of some narrow roads without being forced off by drivers. When I observe some of the motorists as they pass, some of them look as if they'd run me over if it weren't for witnesses! (like that would really stop some of them...) 
rolleyes.gif
  What, because they had to slow for a few seconds?!

Oct 20, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #1,584 of 4,419
Quote:
Damn, that looks BA!  

Lol, its a pretty good show. Especially the first few times to watch it.

Quote:
That was exciting to watch. I'd need to make a whole lot of runs before hittin' that! After missing a year of cycling, I'm just focused on riding that White Line on the edge of some narrow roads without being forced off by drivers. When I observe some of the motorists as they pass, some of them look as if they'd run me over if it weren't for witnesses! (like that would really stop some of them...) 
rolleyes.gif
  What, because they had to slow for a few seconds?!

Haha, im not even sure i could stop that sudden on that thin of a pass.

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #1,589 of 4,419

Route ~

That's some good looking country, though Cyclecross hasn't pulled me in yet. I'd be interested in pouring my soul all over that asphalt.

Oct 20, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #1,590 of 4,419
I've been road biking since this summer and joined my school's bike club. Our club gets a really good discount at a local bike shop on trek bikes/bontrager gear a couple of times each year. The order has to be in 2 weeks from now. 

I am looking to get a nice full suspension mountain bike. I want a good all round bike that I could possibly use to race with in the future. I am limited to trek. Does anyone has suggestions? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back