Bicycle-Fi!
Oct 17, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #1,561 of 4,419
"Casey Neistat was ticketed for not riding in the bike lane in New York City and had to pay a $50 fine." 
Source: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2011/06/cyclist-argues-agaist-bike-lane-police-fine-in-hilarious-video.php

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #1,564 of 4,419
Just to clarify it is not illegal. If you watch the whole video it's stated and I've seen articles that follow up on that as well. You are able to ride your bike not in the bike lane (at least in New York, and I believe in California as well.) New York is mainly being a dick to riders because of the critical mass rides.

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #1,565 of 4,419

Quote:
Just to clarify it is not illegal. If you watch the whole video it's stated and I've seen articles that follow up on that as well. You are able to ride your bike not in the bike lane (at least in New York, and I believe in California as well.) New York is mainly being a dick to riders because of the critical mass rides.

That is true. 

Oct 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #1,566 of 4,419

Quote:
I hope I don't violate the Head-Fi TOS with this post, but I have a Fuji Cross Pro 56cm cyclocross bike for sale on eBay.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300609734202?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1201

Bidding ends in 1 day 19 hours.

I double checked my computer screen's resolution, it's fine. Could it be that your pix is really that small? Never mind, I was trying to peek without having to go to eBay... but did so anyway. 
biggrin.gif
  And your replacement?

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #1,567 of 4,419

Quote:

So riders receiving this can just opt out of paying and nothing happens? Is this like a Monopoly ticket?

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #1,568 of 4,419

Quote:

So riders receiving this can just opt out of paying and nothing happens? Is this like a Monopoly ticket?

That I have no idea about. I imagine they probably have to enter a "Not Guilty" plea then go to court and fight the charges under the claim that there is no statute saying it is illegal. I don't know how the state would pursue the matter if the fine isn't paid though.

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #1,569 of 4,419
Anyone remember the Red Light Camera fiasco in LA County this past summer? When it was disclosed the County lacked enforcement and those who paid fines did so voluntarily?! 
wink_face.gif
  Upon learning this, a lot of drivers that previously paid were hopping mad... "No refund for you!"

Oct 18, 2011 at 7:24 AM Post #1,570 of 4,419

Quote:
 And your replacement?

Nothing at the moment.  I stopped racing cyclocross a couple of years ago and the bike hasn't been ridden in a while.  Plus I have more bikes than brains at the moment:
-- 29er Redline mountain bike
-- Single speed DBR mountain bike
-- Cannondale Prophet mountain bike
-- Moser steel frame road bike
-- FBM fixed gear
-- Raleigh fixed gear

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #1,571 of 4,419

Quote:

There are states that make it illegal to ride on the freeway, but any other road should be fair game unless they explicitly state it isn't.  There's still Far Right as Possible laws though and it's also never a good idea to tick off idiots driving two-ton vehicles regardless of who's right.

Oct 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #1,572 of 4,419

Quote:

Nothing at the moment.  I stopped racing cyclocross a couple of years ago and the bike hasn't been ridden in a while.  Plus I have more bikes than brains at the moment:
-- 29er Redline mountain bike
-- Single speed DBR mountain bike
-- Cannondale Prophet mountain bike
-- Moser steel frame road bike
-- FBM fixed gear
-- Raleigh fixed gear

Thanks for the refresh, now I recall your private collection...

Oct 19, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #1,573 of 4,419
Anyone know how I can get a rear brake cable to run along my frame (handlebar to back)? The frame doesn't have any of the typical hooks to hold the cable and I'd like to use something that isn't noticeable or going to mar the frame.

Oct 19, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #1,574 of 4,419

Without drilling, I'm hard-pressed for alternatives. I'll be on the sidelines listening for tips with keen interest. Hope you get it worked out.
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back