Bicycle-Fi!
Jul 20, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #1,277 of 4,419
could just have the seat down....really nice bike.

Jul 25, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #1,279 of 4,419
Cadel loves his Australia...

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #1,280 of 4,419
I wanted to try out road cycling, but sadly it's not my cup of tea.  I don't like the concept of having to ride my bike in the road, and I don't like being limited in the places I go with the bike, whereas on my mountain bike I just go anywhere without fear of stuff breaking the tire.

I took a few for-sale photos.  Decided to post them here as well:
2010 Cannondale CAAD 9 5 (The last year they were made in the USA!)

6003450817_f33f046fb0_z.jpg

6003446923_7c169b15bc_z.jpg

6003991472_10296fd169_z.jpg

6003442077_bb5c01bc8e_z.jpg

6003444123_64cfb3e9d0_z.jpg

I feel soo sad selling this bike, but it is just sitting around collecting dust.  ~_~
Hopefully I can still sell it for almost what I paid, seeing how it's pretty much still a new bike (less than 25 miles on it).

I do appreciate all the help everyone gave me though!

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #1,281 of 4,419

Quote:
I wanted to try out road cycling, but sadly it's not my cup of tea.  I don't like the concept of having to ride my bike in the road, and I don't like being limited in the places I go with the bike, whereas on my mountain bike I just go anywhere without fear of stuff breaking the tire.

I took a few for-sale photos.  Decided to post them here as well:
2010 Cannondale CAAD 9 5 (The last year they were made in the USA!)

I feel soo sad selling this bike, but it is just sitting around collecting dust.  ~_~
Hopefully I can still sell it for almost what I paid, seeing how it's pretty much still a new bike (less than 25 miles on it).

I do appreciate all the help everyone gave me though!

Nice looking bike! How much are you trying to get for it?

I used to not be a fan of road cycling either. The spandex warriors, easy miles, urban jungle stuff. I only picked up road cycling recently cause I broke my ankle and needed something low impact to start getting back in shape, but I like it pretty well now and have my first couple centuries planned. Planning on getting back into mountain riding again as well, though I could use a new bike. Nowadays I'm just a fan of bikes in general. Mountain, road, motorized.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #1,283 of 4,419
The welds on that CAAD9 frame are absolutely gorgeous, it just makes the bike. If I had to guess at the size I would say it is a 56cm.

I would love to take it off your hands but I don't think our interests are compatible - I'm looking for the best deal I can get and you're looking for as much money as you can get back
tongue.gif
 not to mention we're in different states.

Also is it just the pic or does that Pinarello have a super long wheelbase?

Aug 4, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #1,284 of 4,419
Depending on what you are comparing it to, but yes the wheelbase is longer than the Cannondale above, as well as most mountain bikes. 

In general the geometry on most high-end US designed road bikes tends to have a shorter wheelbase as well as a steeper steering and seat tube angle, resulting in a "quick" bike which is meant to respond to minimal steering input, however this also has the effect of a less compliant ride which tends to be rather harsh over rougher terrain and more fatiguing over longer distances. The US design philosophy stems from the popularity of "criterium" racing which is traditionally more popular in the US than in Europe (flat, closed course, under 50 miles, with lots of corners).

European bikes tend to have slacker steering and longer wheelbase, which allow for a more compliant ride. The steering is not as quick and requires more body English. Again this has evolved from the type of racing popular in Europe ("Grand-Fondo" 100+ miles, rolling terrain with lots of climbing and long downhills).

Needless to say there are plenty of exceptions to the above and "pro" bikes can often have characteristics of both.

Quote:

Also is it just the pic or does that Pinarello have a super long wheelbase?

Aug 5, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #1,285 of 4,419

Quote:
wow beautiful Cannondale! what size is it? just curious. i can't afford it anyway.. haha. 

Frame size is 58cm.

Quote:

Nice looking bike! How much are you trying to get for it?

I think I am going to advertise it at 1275$US.  I think that's a fair price for an essentially new bike (considering the new price was 1400 (MSRP 1500) + pedals + tax(90$)).

Aug 5, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #1,286 of 4,419

Quote:
The welds on that CAAD9 frame are absolutely gorgeous, it just makes the bike.

It's funny that you say that, because the weld in that picture is probably the most noticeable.  Most of the other welds you actually can't even notice.

Aug 5, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #1,287 of 4,419

Quote:
It's funny that you say that, because the weld in that picture is probably the most noticeable.  Most of the other welds you actually can't even notice.

When I posted that comment I had just come from staring at a Nashbar Alu frame, which has the ugliest welds I've ever seen.
http://anotherpirate.imgur.com/first_bike_build#S2Cp0

I'm not sure why I singled out the welds, though, since the rest of the bike is gorgeous too...

Aug 5, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #1,289 of 4,419

Quote:
Looks like your standard Cannondale double-pass welds, where they fill in scallops. You don't know how beautiful the welds are, because they're globbed up.

That makes sense. I don't know much about welds so I was surprised when I couldn't see the scallops that normally make an alu bike look kind of fat and ugly. Maybe I'll just go back to lurking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back