Bicycle-Fi!
Jan 21, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #1,187 of 4,419

Quote:
I have too much bike-fi lol. here's my current road ride though

Bought the frame about two years ago to make into a fixed gear. After i got a track frame though I stripped off parts and threw the frameset in the garage.

Enter road bike i bought a year and a half ago, A lynskey R320 (? unsure, might have been an 310R) came up on ebay for a good price, got that complete. About a week ago though the frame spontaneously split on the top tube, the whole length on both sides. multiple people agreed it was a material defect, but as I was the second owner the frame isn't covered under warranty. Because I don't have the money to buy a new frame, I was kinda crap-outta-luck.

Then I remembered i had a spare road frame in the garage, and proceeded to swap all the parts over. I expected it to be super temporary, but it's a lot of fun and I might keep it like this for a while.

oh, other bikes in the stable include an IRO ss 29er (no current pictures), a peloton keirin bike, and Continuum sweet fixie

peloton:

continuum (link because slightly nws. drunken friends drew penises and whatnot all over the whiteboard behind it): http://velospace.org/node/33743

LOL Oogens, nice seeing you off of Davisfixed

Mar 25, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #1,189 of 4,419
I have a custom GT GTB track bike and a stock 2010 Trek Madone 4.5 Pics will come soon....

Built them myself :3

Mar 26, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #1,191 of 4,419
Good god- how did I miss this thread???  Funny how we're all into a lot of the same things:

This is my commuter bike.  Durable wheels and frame.  Fenders are optional when it gets really wet.

My other bike.  Pedal Force '05 ZX-3 frame.
Dura-Ace shifters are now SRAM Rival, brakes are now Zero Gravity OG, and wheels are now Reynolds DV46T.

My mountain bike is a '98 Specialized FSR Comp.

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #1,193 of 4,419
Hey people, good to know that a lot of people still cycle everyday. Bikes are the most common transport here in NL. Without bike is without leg.
Here is my "not so new anymore" fixie.

Apr 26, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #1,194 of 4,419

MXL used a 31.7mm dia top tube, which is just huge for a top tube on a steel road bike. I use this size for the top tube on my XL size mountain frames. That is why you can't get a new seat lug for your Merckx. If you can post up a pic of your cracked seat lug (I assume it's gone at the binder hole?) I can let you know whether it's likely to be able to be repaired. To be honest I'd be surprised if it couldn't. Just depends how much work it would take and how much you'd be prepared to spend to make it happen. 

Quote:

I didn't find a company who made mxl seatpost lugs. find alot of companies who make the max tube lugs. max tubing is different, it doesn't fit mxl

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #1,195 of 4,419
Vids?

May 13, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #1,197 of 4,419
Here's my new commuter:

(sorry for the poor pic)

A Trek Earl SS.  Geared 44/17 (which is a bit low but that's an easy fix).  CrMo frame to which I'll add a few AL parts (seat post, longer stem, bars), and a new saddle and I'll be cruising to the train!  Oh, and the reflectors are already gone!

May 16, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #1,198 of 4,419
Mine:

Feel slightly odd posting these when most are throwing up road bikes :p Will be getting one/fixie at some point just for town riding/going into the country, but I still prefer downhill :wink:

May 24, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #1,199 of 4,419
Oooooh, bike-fi! I just got a new roadie today, a 2010 Fuji Roubaix 1.0!

(Crappy phone pic.)

Quote:

Feel slightly odd posting these when most are throwing up road bikes :p Will be getting one/fixie at some point just for town riding/going into the country, but I still prefer downhill :wink:

Heh, I've only taken a quick look through and seeing some awesome roadies, but a bike is a bike. I'm more of a trail guy myself, but I broke my ankle a couple months back and it's still not strong enough to take the terrain. I have an old Gary Fisher Tassajara and I bought the road bike to help get back in shape.

May 27, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #1,200 of 4,419
Proud owner of a 2008 Trek 7.6 FX,problems with there bikes are:xf_eek:nce ur used to the good stuff you wont wanna go back.(bicyclephile?)

Mine doesnt EXACTLY looks like this one cuz I have other handles +some promotional stickers or "decals"
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back