Bicycle-Fi!
Dec 29, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #1,171 of 4,419

Quote:

i don't know what you exactly mean in the last sentence.
the merckx is great in high speed turns. you are always in control with this bike.

i don't have a SR group, but love to have one.
have 3 bikes, don't want more. :wink:

im sure hes talking about the head tube angle....

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #1,173 of 4,419

Quote:
Have this a few months, Planet X SL Pro Carbon, SRAM Red, Soul S4.0 wheelset, comes in at about 7.6kgs.

Keeping it clean is fun on Irish roads!

that's a beautiful bike 

Dec 29, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #1,175 of 4,419

Quote:
Thanks! Planet X are a UK based company, so id say not that well known outside the Uk / EU

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/bikes

They do great value bikes, ll be out on this tomorrow for a spin!

sure beats my bike...broken fork and rear tire >_> 

Dec 31, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #1,177 of 4,419
Still some trimming, cutting, and detail pieces to put/switch in... but should look about the same.  Will update when finished.

TiBikeIncomplete.jpg

Dec 31, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #1,178 of 4,419
If I get this job in London I've applied for through a friend who works there I'll be a proper commuter and don't fancy leaving my bike at the station, especially since my hours would be a little different to the 9-5 slog. Love riding though, reckon a folding bike is almost a necessity... can't stand those ones with tiny tyres though but there's not much else to choose from bar the incredible (and expensive) IF Mode bike by Pacific Cycles. Somone buy one for me and I'll shine your shoes for a decade!

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #1,180 of 4,419
I have a 2009 Specialized RockHopper 29er but I am doing this build for this year...I have most of the parts and the frame is ordered...should be a fun bike.

Frame, steel - Siren John Henry semi-custom built 
Fork - Manitou Drake Super Air 29er 100mm w/20mm T/A
Derailleurs - SRAM X.9
Shifter - X.9 triggers 
Brakes - BB7 185mm
Brake levers - Avid Dial 7
Brake/shift cables - Jagwire Ripcord
Seat post - Thomson Elite
Seat post collar - Hope QR
Seat - Specialized Avatar Gel 
Handlebars - Titec Hellbent 
Grips - Ergo grips
Pedals - Time ATAC Alium 
Headset - Cane Creek 100
Stem - Thomson Elite 
Tires - Nevegals 
Chain - KMC X9
Cassette - Shimano HG61 9-Speed 12-36
Crank/bottom bracket - Race Face Evolve DH Bash-32-22T
Wheelset - Sun-Ringle MTX 33, 36 hole, with Hope Pro 2 hubs with steel freehub body. DT Swiss double butted spokes
Rear Skewer - Either DT Swiss or Shimano XTR

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #1,181 of 4,419
My old Redline Romp with three piece cranks. Of course I spend most of my time wrecking from jumping of or over things I shouldnt lol.

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #1,184 of 4,419

Quote:
All these years and I never checked out the Gear-fi section!  Here's mine.  I have an old mountain bike too, but she's not much to look at anymore.

Nice. I just sold my 2010 R3 due to inflaming some old tendonitis injuries, having bought it with the purpose of doing the race season this coming year. It just didn't make sense to use it as a recovery ride for the next season or two. OTH, Cervelo's handle so beautifully at speed--I really miss it.

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #1,185 of 4,419
I have too much bike-fi lol. here's my current road ride though

Bought the frame about two years ago to make into a fixed gear. After i got a track frame though I stripped off parts and threw the frameset in the garage.

Enter road bike i bought a year and a half ago, A lynskey R320 (? unsure, might have been an 310R) came up on ebay for a good price, got that complete. About a week ago though the frame spontaneously split on the top tube, the whole length on both sides. multiple people agreed it was a material defect, but as I was the second owner the frame isn't covered under warranty. Because I don't have the money to buy a new frame, I was kinda crap-outta-luck.

Then I remembered i had a spare road frame in the garage, and proceeded to swap all the parts over. I expected it to be super temporary, but it's a lot of fun and I might keep it like this for a while.

oh, other bikes in the stable include an IRO ss 29er (no current pictures), a peloton keirin bike, and Continuum sweet fixie

peloton:

continuum (link because slightly nws. drunken friends drew penises and whatnot all over the whiteboard behind it): http://velospace.org/node/33743

Users who are viewing this thread

Back