Bicycle-Fi!
Mar 5, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #904 of 4,419
We've been above freezing and sunny for the last week with 41F forecast today. Spring (biking) fever is running high!
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #905 of 4,419
53 here on Sunday. I think I'll give the motorcycle a stretch.
It's been calling my name. Then, I'll take out the Santa Cruz,
and rub oil all over her sensitive parts.

Mar 6, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #907 of 4,419
Any folding bikes back in this thread anywhere? I'm thinking of getting a Brompton for a trip abroad later this year. Taking a test ride later this month, maybe. I'll require some bravery riding it in my home city, as I've never seen anyone on a small-wheeled bike here.

Mar 6, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #908 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I watch? I like to watch.
ph34r.gif

She likes abuse. Sometimes I'll even run her over a log, or jump her off a large rock. I'm she won't mind if you watch.
She's been admired by many woods people. They don't even look at me anymore, they just look right at her two knobby wheels, as if I'm not even there.
You should see her stretch her strut
smile.gif

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:53 AM Post #909 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec E /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any folding bikes back in this thread anywhere?

sorry only real men here

haha just kidding
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #910 of 4,419
OK, you guys are making me envious.

Nice Circle A CX. You must be TALL. I've got an Indy Fab Planet X, in fact I have 2. I loved my bike so much, I found a 2nd frame in a similar size.

My SS/Fixie/CX bike that doubles as my Chariot puller for the kids:
FullProfile.jpg

Steelman roadbike with Ultegra 10 kit, OddsandEndos wheelset. I've met Brent Steelman and he makes GREAT steel and carbon frames. Talk about old school.
IMG_2212.jpg

Indy Fab when I bought it off ebay setup as a roadbike and then ready for CX racing:
PlanetXb4after.jpg

On One Il Pompino in it's best incarnation, with Tufo tubular clinchers. Couldn't race this one, too much toe overlap.
Finished.jpg

Now for bike pron. Sacha White of Vanilla is one of my favorite builders. This is one of my favs that I saw at the NAHMBS years ago.
http://www.likecool.com/The_$10000_Vanilla_Trike--Bike--Gear.html

For the fixies:
Fixed Gear Gallery

NAHMBS:
NAHBS 2010*|*Official Website of the North American Handmade Bicycle Show

Mar 17, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #911 of 4,419
This is my bike, except I don't have the carrier on the back, it's nice and reliable, very heavy but I don't race to get everywhere on my bike, it's just for cruising around.

068M0048_large.jpg

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #912 of 4,419
'08 Fuji Team road bike here. Poor thing has been cooped up in the garage all winter, and I'm looking forward to taking her out again!

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #915 of 4,419
Does anyone know anything about Republic Bike? Republic Bike | Track bikes, fixed gear bicycles, fixies, Dutch bikes | built by us and you

I'm not really looking for a hipster fixed gear bike so I would flop the hub to enable free wheeling, get the bike as black as possible, and leave the brakes in place. But, I'm looking for a relatively cheap commuter bike for a ride to a train station about 1.5 miles from home. This seems like it would fit the bill nicely for not too much money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back