Bicycle-Fi!
Oct 8, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #181 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja13ear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i ride a norco rampage '06. as well i am/was into trials UNIcycling!

canadian bicycles are amazing. we have very very world renowned players: guru, cervello (considered to be one of the very fastest (by some the fastest)), marinoni (my love), Opus, devinci and a few others besides the mentioned norco that are very good bicycles. they also are a bit more stealth than riding an aussy setup or american setup as few know their names.

Oct 8, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #182 of 4,419
IronHorseMKIIIComp06.jpg

marinhighway1.jpg

bike.jpg

Oct 8, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #183 of 4,419
Zuerst

You can use the pic of the Marin in the Sun Chip-Fi thread too.
biggrin.gif

You don't have a dog do you? Those bags might have lasted while I tried to take a pic like that, but as soon as I turned my back, one bag would have been missing.

Oct 13, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #185 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but might as well get the australian giant as they pretty make most bicycles on the planet so... go without the middle man if you want quality and known parts from a good and reputable manufacturer.

As someone who is Chinese and is on his third Giant, I have to point out once again that Giant started in Taiwan.

Giant Manufacturing: Information from Answers.com

Unfortunately for Chinese pride, Giant is one of those companies like Haier or Lenovo that doesn't want to emphasize its roots. Maybe in a few decades when "Made In China" has a better ring to it...

Oct 19, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #187 of 4,419
Hey guys. I bmx. I used to do it a lot more than I do now but I still do when I have time and I feel like it lol.

here's my bike that I have in my home in America (sorry for ****ty lighting I bumped up in photoshop since it was with no ambient light just a flash light I had nearby).
2706144724_11652a3e9c.jpg

And here's my bike that I have here in China.
2705419745_b27fd8264a.jpg

I won't post specs since I bet most of you guys don't know much about bmx bikes. But if you're curious I'll be glad to post them.

Oct 21, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #188 of 4,419
I'm a bit of a noob. This was the first season I actually got serious about cycling. Now that its getting colder out, I'm curious what everyone is wearing to stay warm on their ride.

I'm specifically looking for a good jacket. Hopefully something that can be used for more that just riding so I feel like I can better justify the cost.

Oct 21, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #189 of 4,419
Here is my bike... It's great. It weighs under 22lbs and is smooth as silk. I really love this bike.

b21818d0.jpg

I'm rebuilding this with dura ace 7 speed right now. It's a good bike, the ride is kinda stiff but very confident. More suited for a criterium than a road race.

8a0b8ca4.jpg

Eventually I want a white paramount, either a 70's frame or a waterford, then I'll be done buying road bikes.

Oct 21, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #191 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967cutlass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my bike... It's great. It weighs under 22lbs and is smooth as silk. I really love this bike.

b21818d0.jpg

I'm rebuilding this with dura ace 7 speed right now. It's a good bike, the ride is kinda stiff but very confident. More suited for a criterium than a road race.

8a0b8ca4.jpg

Eventually I want a white paramount, either a 70's frame or a waterford, then I'll be done buying road bikes.

that fuji is beautiful. the schwinn is not at all bad either!
wink.gif

my steel marinoni should be ready at the end of this month or next but i am worried that my choice of colour was maybe too greedy: gold highlights, metallic red and white lettering.

cannot wait.

Oct 26, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #193 of 4,419
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah they manufacture there but they are an australian company. personally, i am waiting on cervelo for my next road bike. but they are a bit more hardcore than i am

Wow, I only pasted one link, and you couldn't bother to click on it?

Giant Manufacturing: Information from Answers.com

Okay, I'll just quote the Wiki for you:

"Giant Manufacturing Co. Ltd. is a Taiwanese bicycle manufacturer. Established 1972 in Tachia, Taichung, Giant (捷安特) started as an OEM, manufacturing bicycles to be sold under other company brand names (like Schwinn)."

According to the Wiki timeline, Giant's Australian subsidiary(Giant Bicycles PTY Ltd.)wasn't started until 1991, nineteen years after it was founded in Taiwan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back