Bicycle-Fi!
Dec 29, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #3,586 of 4,419
  Incredible, my first attempt at any of those and that skinny rim would be akin to a Taco
blink.gif

The outtakes suggest that he may have had the same experience a few times during that shoot:)

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #3,587 of 4,419

The outtakes suggest that he may have had the same experience a few times during that shoot:)

I'm sure that clip had several segments to it, I guess I missed the outtakes. I'm an old fart cruiser, went from a 24" to a 26" and now I'm riding a 29'er and all I ever think about when riding is landings
eek.gif
 Then on the same token at my age I don't get near the air I did two frame sizes and twenty years back
rolleyes.gif

Dec 29, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #3,588 of 4,419
  I'm sure that clip had several segments to it, I guess I missed the outtakes. I'm an old fart cruiser, went from a 24" to a 26" and now I'm riding a 29'er and all I ever think about when riding is landings
eek.gif
 Then on the same token at my age I don't get near the air I did two frame sizes and twenty years back
rolleyes.gif

There have been several films in the series. BikeRadar initially sponsored them I believe and they began as a promo for one of their meets with Martyn Ashton flogging the bejesus out of a Pina Dogma.  Things seem to have taken off from then.
http://www.bikeradar.com/us/news/article/martyn-ashton-stunt-riding-on-a-pinarello-road-bike-35489/

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #3,589 of 4,419

There have been several films in the series. BikeRadar initially sponsored them I believe and they began as a promo for one of their meets with Martyn Ashton flogging the bejesus out of a Pina Dogma.  Things seem to have taken off from then.
http://www.bikeradar.com/us/news/article/martyn-ashton-stunt-riding-on-a-pinarello-road-bike-35489/

THX Hut, I'll have to try and watch this one when I get home today. Work network is blocking me from this site, I'm thinking they want me to concentrate on work, go figure! LOL 

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #3,590 of 4,419
  THX Hut, I'll have to try and watch this one when I get home today. Work network is blocking me from this site, I'm thinking they want me to concentrate on work, go figure! LOL 

Inconsiderate heathens! How do they expect you to be motivated without bike vids?

There is clip in there of the making of the vid as well.

Dec 31, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #3,591 of 4,419
Got these two this past summer....it should do me for a while....

Jan 2, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #3,594 of 4,419
I've always kinda been sketchy about using one but I finally gave the lefty a try and it's pretty awesome. As a super clyde the idea of a one sided fork made me nervous but ends up this is the stiffest yet smoothest most compliant fork I've ever ridden. I'm definitely a fan and don't see myself riding anything but a lefty in the future (other than a rigid on my SS). One of the things that helped sell me was that they are completely shop rebuildable unlike some others that have parts that have to be sent back in or you have to have very expensive proprietary tools. 

Jan 24, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #3,599 of 4,419
Physical, as well as mental!

When I was going through a difficult separation/divorce, I rode ~ 60 miles/week both on and off road which
acted as inexpensive mental therapy sessions. Very therapeutic! 
wink.gif

Jan 24, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #3,600 of 4,419
Well mine was bacterial endocarditis with a right-side stroke and aortic valve replacement.  I'm working on getting the strength and dexterity back in my left hand for those bicycle and motorcycle controls (I am, of course naturally left-handed).  
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back