Bicycle-Fi!
May 27, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #992 of 4,425
^Obsolete technology, inefficient, basically a kid's bike - and a poor one at that. Even if you just want to occasionally ride it on weekends it still most likely won't be worth the money you pay for it. Save up and get a real bike - lots of good options available if you're willing to buy used. Also dealers often have discounts on previous year models.

May 27, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #994 of 4,425
Thanks for the advice Lord.Warlock!  I actually didn't end up getting any of those.  I purchased a 2009 Fuji Sunfire 1.0 for $465 shipped and taxed!  From my frenzied research of the past few days I think this is a great deal!!  I only wish it had the disc breaks like the 2010, but I don't think I can be picky with such a low budget as mine.

That is a nice looking bike fox au!!! Cheers to new bikes
beerchug.gif

BOTTOM BRACKET:   Sealed Cartridge Bearing ST
BRAKES:   Shimano BR-M432 forged alloy linear pull
CASSETTE:   Shimano HG-50, 11-32spd.
CHAIN:   KMC HG-73 9speed
CRANKSET:   Shimano FC-M443, 26/36/48T
FORK:   NEW SR Suntour SF9-NEX4610 MLO, 63mm travel w/ Mechanical Lock Out
FRAME:   Fuji Altair 1 Aluminum with PowerDiamond down tube, Integrated head tube, down tube gusset, double water bottle mounts; Fuji Altair 1 aluminum, cold forged dropout with replaceable hanger, rear carrier mounts
FRONT DERAILLEUR:   Shimano Deore, 31.8mm Dual Pull
GRIPS/TAPE:   Fuji Dual Density Kraton rubber
HANDLEBAR:   Fuji Riser 30mm Alloy ATB
HEADSET:   Ritchey Logic Zero Comp 1 1/8" Press Fit Integrated, 30mm spacers
LEVERS:   Shimano BL-M421, 2 finger forged alloy
PEDALS:   Wellgo LU-C25 w/steel cage
REAR DERAILLEUR:   NEW Shimano Deore LX, Top Normal
REAR SHOCK:   NA
SADDLE:   Fuji Comp MTB
SEATPOST:   Fuji suspension 27.2, 300 mm
SHIFTERS:   Shimano Deore Rapid Fire Shifter Lever, 27-speed
STEM:   Fuji Forged alloy, adjustable angle
TIRES:   Continental Country Ride, 700 X 37c
WHEELSET:   Rims: Alex, ID-19 double wall alloy, CNC side wall; Front Hub: Shimano Sealed Alloy HB-RM60, 32H QR; Rear Hub: Shimano Sealed Alloy FH-RM60 cassette, 32H QR

May 27, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #997 of 4,425

Quote:
^Obsolete technology, inefficient, basically a kid's bike - and a poor one at that. Even if you just want to occasionally ride it on weekends it still most likely won't be worth the money you pay for it. Save up and get a real bike - lots of good options available if you're willing to buy used. Also dealers often have discounts on previous year models.

I dunno I got a Single Speed for a daily due to the fact that no dealing with having to do a tune up more then cleaning the chain really.  Also with bike theft being a big thing where I live people would rather jack a bike with gears than a silly single speed.

May 30, 2010 at 6:36 PM Post #1,000 of 4,425
I ended up canceling my order because I found a great deal on a 2008 Jamis Commuter 4.0.  Alfine IGH, Shimano disc brakes, and everything else I need to commute and have fun!  $599.99 for it.  It is truly a beautiful bike.  Now all I have to do is buy some hard core bike locks
smile_phones.gif

Here is the same make/model, just a bit smaller than mine:

May 30, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #1,001 of 4,425

Quote:
I ended up canceling my order because I found a great deal on a 2008 Jamis Commuter 4.0.  Alfine IGH, Shimano disc brakes, and everything else I need to commute and have fun!  $599.99 for it.  It is truly a beautiful bike.  Now all I have to do is buy some hard core bike locks
smile_phones.gif

Here is the same make/model, just a bit smaller than mine:

That's soooo COOOOL Man! Yeah, Guard that puppy with your life.....And one other thing, Keep it, if you can, even if you get another bike,,,,,,,This will bring big bucks in,,,,,say 10 to 20 yrs.........

May 30, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #1,003 of 4,425
I would not get a road bike but instead I would get a mountain or a cross over bike to make it easier to deal with the "surprises" on the road. Get a helmet, gloves and lights just in case you stay late at work of if you have to go in early. If you plan on riding in the wet season a set of plastic fender would come in handy.

May 31, 2010 at 8:39 AM Post #1,004 of 4,425
Hey Shimmer congrats! very nice bike. Im sure its gonna be great commuting fun

May 31, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #1,005 of 4,425

Users who are viewing this thread

Back