BIC Turntable
Jun 29, 2008 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

colinharding

500+ Head-Fier
Hey I'm new to this whole turntable arena and recently inherited a BIC 940 series turntable. Its almost never been used and just been serviced so it works like brand new. I wanted to squeeze a little more sound out of it though and wanted to know what I could do, if anything, as far as putting upgrades on it. So far its just all stock with a shure hi track cartridge. Lemme know what you think,
thanks colin

Jul 13, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #2 of 3
By "squeeze sound" did you mean that you'd like to mod it, or that you'd like to get it to sound better.

I'm not familiar with this model, but I'm pretty sure that it had a lot of auto functions. I know that with Duals, I can almost always get better sound if I rip out all those auto features.

I'd also suggest replacing that cartridge. A Grado Black would be a decent, but cheap, option.

Jul 14, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 3
Well be squeeze i guess i meant what else can i do to it, considering it is completely stock, to get better audio quality. Whether that is a cartridge change, or "ripping out the auto functions" i'm not really sure as this is the first TT i've had. thanks for the response,
colin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back