BHSE has quit powering on.
Jul 14, 2016 at 8:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bfin3

100+ Head-Fier
Last night I was listening to it and everything was fine. This morning I flipped the switch and nothing happened. I've put it on multiple outlets, it will not power on. I'm the second owner so I'm not sure what the warranty situation is but I'd bet I'm out of it. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure Justin takes many months to fix these. Are there any other audio repair shops anyone knows of that may be able to help. I really don't know what to do with it at this point.

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:03 AM Post #2 of 9
As it hard as it is, the first thing I'd do is take a deep breath and believe that what ever is wrong with it there will almost invariably be a solution i.e. it will be repairable. Where are you located? Are there any local HiFi forums you know of. I live in Australia and we're lucky enough to have a great local forum which helped put me in touch with a tech when a component of mine failed. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #5 of 9
Does sound like a fuse. Pretty sure there was some discussion in the bhse thread where Justin indicated that he has gone to slightly higher rated fuses as a number of them were blowing prematurely. Cost of replacing the fuses would be $1-2 and is easy to do.

He ended up recommending a 3.15 amp slow blow fuse for me.

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #7 of 9
I don't believe it's a fuse. I had 200 mA fuses in there for a long time with no problems. I just put two different pairs of .25A fuses in there. When I flip the power switch absolutely nothing happens. I'm a long way short of 3.15A still though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back