Beyer's just arrived!!!
Jan 30, 2009 at 7:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Inquisitor

New Head-Fier
My used DT770-80Pro's arrived just now, I've been avoiding the forum until they did. The anticipation was too great. They sound amazing, I'm love em, I'm totally hooked. You can really hear the imprefections of recording quality and the limitations I had before. For now, its time to listen, and play some wow. Let me post a few pics in the next post
darthsmile.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #3 of 13
Wrong forum, but gratz

Jan 30, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 13
Awesome. Do you have an amp and/or DAC? If not, be prepared. As good as you think they sound now they will improve with the addition of those components. The DT-770/80's get some bad rep from some, great from others. I LOVE mine.

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #7 of 13
I just got my DT880s, and my DT770s are in the mail. And I'm selling off my DT250s to help fund my purchase of some ET1000s.

And the best part about Beyerdynamics?

You can buy 'em used, because they're built to last!

BTW - The DT770's strongest point is bass, as is shown on the headphone.com "rubber head" response graph. Bass requires lots of current. Lots of current requires a good amp. Perhaps someone here could recommend one?

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome. Do you have an amp and/or DAC? If not, be prepared. As good as you think they sound now they will improve with the addition of those components. The DT-770/80's get some bad rep from some, great from others. I LOVE mine.

Trying to keep him in this forum to spend a lil more...lol Nice phones btw.

Jan 31, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by willne1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trying to keep him in this forum to spend a lil more...lol Nice phones btw.

They did it to me, now it's my turn...lol

As far as an amp, I really like the pairing of my DT-770's with my Little Dot I+ with the Sylvania Gold 408A tubes. Tightens the bass and helps keep it under control, smooths out the highs, and opens up the sound stage. The mids can also show themselves more due to the controlled bass.

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #10 of 13
haha, my bad, I thought I posted this in the Headphones (Full Size) but I hit up Amps (full size) lol... let me repost in the headphone forum

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #11 of 13
So, since I'm in the amps forum anyway... I'm lookin' for a portable amp of some kind. I know its not a "full size" as per this forum, but I figured while I search and read I'd toss that out there.

Jan 31, 2009 at 12:49 PM Post #12 of 13
iBasso D2 or D3. Look in the For Sale section, I think I saw a D2 just sold for 100 USD, what a steal!

There is a huge thread by Skylab where he reviewed like 30 portable amps. And the iBasso D3 was in eighth place considering it was literally 200 dollars less than its competitors. That's my suggestion. Unless you really want to pay twice what you paid for your headphones. Plus I think the iBassos are some of the best looking portable amps out there. They are just clean, simple designs love em. I prefer their design to the Pico and the RSA, but they are small simplistic boxes. Hehe, well it looks good anyways.

What's great about the iBasso D2 and D3 is they come with PCM2707 for USB input and then I2S to a Wolfson WM8740, which is supposed to be a very good DAC. Brand new for 219 USD!!

They also have a new high performance portable DAC/AMP combo the D10, which replaced the D1. Lot of references to the D1 still in these threads, and the D10 is only 275 Brand NEW!! Its out of stock but I'm sure you can ask to preorder. They reply really fast when I inquired about their D2 and D3 earlier this year.

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #13 of 13
Congratulations! Nice pair of headphones..
smile.gif

..and since you're already in the amplifier forum, start looking for a nice amplifier as well. If you don't already have one..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back