beyerdynamics T1 and Audeze LCD-2 Both $800, which should i get?
Dec 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gamerfry

Head-Fier
I found both of them for $800, price being the same which is the better pair?

This is a followup to an earlier thread where I asked for recommendations as to the best pair of headphones under $1000.

Previous thread where I describe my preferences and requirements: http://www.head-fi.org/t/695025/best-upgrade-for-1000-or-less

Original post:
  I currently have fischer audio fa-011s and I do really enjoy them, but I feel like I've outgrown them a bit. They tend to be weak in the mids, can lack some impact and detail, and don't have the most accurate sound stage. I'm looking to upgrade to something more expensive that hopefully will meet my growing demands. I need cans that can keep up with both my gaming and my music. Gaming requires that they have a decent sound stage (it doesn't have to be the most massive ever, just large enough that I have some sort of direction), and strong bass. For my music I want something with fuller mids and more detailing than the fischer's and some impact. I listen to all sorts of music (rock, metal, edm, opera, acoustic etc.) so unfortunately I can't tailor it to a specific genre. Additionally, I don't have a lot of money to spend on an expensive amp/DAC so I'd like to stay away from headphones that are EXTREMELY picky.(most likely they will be hooked up to my creative sound blaster ZXR sound card). I've been looking at the Beyer T1, Sennheiser HD700 and HD 800, and Audeze LCD-2 r2, since they seemed to fit my requirements more or less however I haven't listened to any of them so I'm really just going by what I read on forums. Do any of these seem like the best deal/best fit for my requirements? Are there any other cans you'd recommend? 

Thanks a bunch!

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 8
We can all vote on which one we like best, but that's not the same thing as which one is best for you.

What equipment will be powering these cans?  You need an amp for both.  Which one will you be using?

What is the format of your music and other sounds you will putting into these cans?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking?

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 8
  We can all vote on which one we like best, but that's not the same thing as which one is best for you.

What equipment will be powering these cans?  You need an amp for both.  Which one will you be using?

What is the format of your music and other sounds you will putting into these cans?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/695025/best-upgrade-for-1000-or-less  <----post with additional info

Dec 13, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 8
Good--first you need to determine whether your sound card's amp feature is up to the job of properly driving either or both of these cans.  One is dynamic and the other an ortho.  I can't give you the answer to that, but maybe the manufacturer or someone else here can.  The computer audio section of the forum is probably your best shot at getting a quality answer to that question on this forum.

You should also read about both of these cans in this excellent piece:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13

Dec 13, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #7 of 8
They can. I had already looked at that actually, it made it very difficult to choose. ultimately I would have to imagine that the t1 is the better deal since its so much more reduced in price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back