Beyerdynamics Dt880 problem!
Nov 16, 2011 at 11:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

TehNobGordon

New Head-Fier
So its been a month since i have gotten my Beyerdynamics DT880 premium headphones, burning in all day with them watch movies, listen to music and gaming in general. And i can't seem to realise that i am having some problems with the sound quality ALREADY!
The problem is that when i watch movies, sometimes there would be that high pitch sound which the headphone cant play, instead of producing it , it gave some sort of distortion or some sort of noise. I need some help and since i spent quite a bit of money on these i would want to use them for a quite long time and this problem had me pretty worried! I don't know if this is the right section for where i request for help as i could'nt find any section in respect to that! I was wondering if this was just a problem with movies as only when i watching movies this problem comes up(Usually when women speaks). While listening to music non of those distortion happens! So isit a problem with the headphone or isit just natural for it to be played like thist!

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 9
Hi Op, whats your source? 
Does it happen only with movies? the same movie? 

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #3 of 9
Sounds like your source is causing some feedback...not the fault of the headphone

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #4 of 9
Hmmmm well i am playing it through a computer and through a Govibe peak headamp. Well i think i might be due to the amp as i have tried it with other computers and it has the same result when i go through with the amp!

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #6 of 9
It looks like they are not being driven properly. 

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 9
If it's only the one movie it's probably an encoding issue from when the DVD was produced. That combined with not being properly driven could definitely cause some feedback

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 9
Sounds like your amp is bad to me.

Try plugging the headphones directly in to the computer and watching a movie, it probably wont be very loud and wont sound as good but I bet you dont get the high pitched issue anymore. This would prove the fault is in the amp. If you still get the exact same high pitched thing, then either the headphones are messed up, or something is seriously wrong with your computer.

Nov 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #9 of 9
Does it sound like clipping to anyone else? Either way, your amp is probably to blame, either that or it might be your software having some issues with the amp. Is it a DAC too? Maybe try another program, or go into the sound settings and tweak around there. It could turn out to be a lot of stuff, but I agree with those above, probably the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back