Beyerdynamics DT770 600ohm Sound Problem... Help !!
May 5, 2007 at 7:21 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by bollyraja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay so do i still need that audigy card, if i had a Corda Aria ? Does it act as a soundcard or something.

Also, is that 440 in dollars.

It can be connected with a USB cable. The Corda Aria is $440 straight from Jan and that includes shipping. ( for people outside of Europe that is)

May 5, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #17 of 28
Hi Bollyraja, If I were you, I'd see if "I" could return those DT 770/600s back to the manufucture and get the DT 770/32s instead. Because, if you continue on the route that you're heading, things can get [insert sarcasm] a "little" expensive.

You have virgin ears, keep them that way, because once your hearing gets a taste of the good stuff there is no retreating, you're hooked.

Oh, and by the way, "sorry about yer wallet!" GL

May 5, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #18 of 28
I just went a tried my 600 ohm DT880's with the Aria. It has just enough gain to reach a level louder than I would normally listen, but you might see if Jan could raise the gain for you when ordering one if a 600 ohm can will be your main headphone with the Aria.

May 5, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #19 of 28
I remember reading that the Arietta starts off at a higher volume when the knob is at 0. [Something about balance...?] Does this mean it would work better with 600 ohm cans than the Headfive/Aria?

Edit: I mean this
Quote:

Originally Posted by PRtsa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay.. I'm starting to think so too, so I'll mail him (meaning Jan Meier). Thanks!

EDIT: Here's what Jan answered to me:

"The volume of the ARIETTA is not zero with the volume dial set
to its lowest position. This is to improve on channel-balance
with low sound levels. If this minimum volume is too high for
your taste, then I could lower the gain-factor of the amp.

Note: The HEADFIVE does not have this improved
channel-balance. Therefore volume goes to zero."

May 5, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tube amps aren't necessarily better. Since you said money is not an issue (you could easily pay over $5000 for a system if you hang around here long saying stuff like that :p) I suggested a tube amp because they mate particularly well with the DT-770/990 hphones, especially the 600ohm ones. Keep in mind though that tubes add a certain "warmth" to the sound which you may or may not like.

i have to slightly disagree with the bolded statement. this kinda depends on genre.

ive tried listening to metal on my DT990 '05 (250 ohm) with my director's Darkvoice 336i. i almost fell asleep. the sound was a lil too warm for my liking and everything was so friggin SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW.....it took the energy away from listening to metal. even Metallica's S&M made me sleepy.

to the OP.... the Aria looks like a good choice. USB DAC+Amp combo will practically eliminate the need for a soundcard (in terms of music). if u game with the PC. im guess ur Audigy would be better. but the USB DAC im using isnt that bad for games. anyway...the Aria gets my vote.

May 6, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #22 of 28
You need to order it from Meier Audio directly, I believe. In the USA TTVJ does stock Meier amps.

May 7, 2007 at 6:50 PM Post #23 of 28
If i purchase this Corda Aria amp, then can i use it as my main windows soundcard, or do i still need my audigy card ?

Also, is this amp better than an x-fi card, if i wanted to use this purely for music and production, and some movie watching ...

May 7, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by bollyraja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If i purchase this Corda Aria amp, then can i use it as my main windows soundcard, or do i still need my audigy card ?

Also, is this amp better than an x-fi card, if i wanted to use this purely for music and production, and some movie watching ...

Yes, the Aria replaces your soundcard, as long as you want to listen just with Headphones.

May 7, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #25 of 28
Okay i think i will purchase the Aria amp, but just in case i have trouble with shipping, what's the next best thing that you guys would recommend me getting ... something that is available from online shops etc ...

May 8, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #27 of 28
Two quick thoughts: you made no mistake ordering the 600 ohm model. Now you have one excellent component. (Some vague recollection of a Chinese proverb that a trip of 10,000 miles begins with a single step. You took a good one.)

Second thought: if you decide to consider the tube route - and you should at least consider it, there's an excellent Millett Hybrid on sale in the Amps FS forum. $300 and change which is in your budget. I would give you the link but I'm writing this on my Blackberry while listening to my Millett Hybrid and my 600 ohm DT880s. It's amazing sound and there's power to spare. You will still need a good DAC though.

BTW there are probably two reasons that your cans sound bad now: lack of power and lack of burn in. Both can be remedied, the first with money, the second just with playing time.

May 21, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #28 of 28
Hi guys, i just bought the CORDA ARIA amp from a guy in London. Now the amp is great, and the cans sound much better especially with the built in DAC, compared to my audigy. I am using the RCA to RCA connection from Audigy's External box to Aria.

The problem now is pretty much the same. I am using Foobar to play my music. Now if i set the volume bar to full, songs are loud and clear, but i can't hear much bass in the songs. If i use the equaliser in Foobar and up the bass or any other level, the sound becomes crackly and distorted. Why can i not increase the bass levels ? They seem too low to me, and i am playing songs in FLAC format with good bass.

I heard these headphones have a great bass, when it comes to closed cans...

What should i do to improve the bass levels ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back